question about Ramada Inn Cruiseport

curiousjly

I had posted this on another forum site, didn't know about this one, so am reposting it, sorry for the double post.

I am going to be on a cruise in Nov, and have booked a room at the Ramada Inn Cruise port. The air line had recommended the inn, and the lady at the desk who I talked to (on the phone) told me that it was under new management, and had just been newly remolded. And that we were getting one of the new rooms.

I have read some posts about how horrible!!! that place is, do I need to cancel my reservaction, or have they, litterally, cleaned the place up?

I hate to penalize someone for another person's mistakes, it is not fair if the new management is trying to do a better job.

However, I don't want to stay at a dump.

Hope someone here can help. Has it been cleaned up in the last month or so, what is the local word about it, is it now decent or still a no go place?

Thanks,

Jly

As a local I would strongly advise you to choose another hotel, IN ANOTHER LOCATION. It's not a nice place, and the State Road 84 area is not a nice area, you would be well advised to choose something along SE 17th Street. SE 17th Street is much closer to both the airport, Port Everglades, and much safer!

If price is a problem try Priceline, many people seem to get AmeriSuites (2.5-star "downtown") for $50-60 per night, and Marina Marriott for under $100 (3-star "downtown").

Archived