West Med Cruise., rocky waters?

Are you going from the UK?

I've only cruised in the summer (Europe inc UK) and never had a problem. The only issue is the Bay of Biscay, not necessarily rough (depending on weather of course, as all sea is), but more the atmosphere somehow makes me feel a little queasy. As I don't normal get sea sickness I finds the bands work.

To be honest of the weather is reasonable I find the cruise lines cut the water like a knife going through soft butter in the med, in the summer. Don't like being in an ocean view low down though, that makes me feel like a goldfish :D

For our Med cruise a few years back, we left out of Barcelona. We were constantly commenting about how the seas were like glass! It was as if we were sailing on a calm lake. Not sure if that is how it always is, but it was like that in June of 2011! I do hear that leaving out of Southampton is consistently rocky when crossing the Bay.

It depends on the day/weather. One night last summer (between Marseilles and Barcelona) it got pretty rough - they closed off the pool in the Solarium due to the waves:

P1000482_zpscb174c60.jpg

FYI - this was on their smallest ship (Legend of the Seas).

Edited by Travel R

You really can never tell what it's going to be like we've been eight times to the med and it's mostly been very calm but we have had very rocky times as we'll, the Bay of Biscay'sthe same it's been like a mill pond and also rocking and a rolling. We usually go late May early June , IMHO I'd just be prepared with travel med handy incase needed and if you see the bags being put out start taking immediately .

Three times sailing out of Rome - eastern, western and then down to the Greek Isles. Very little motion during all the them and always in mid to late May. In fact, sometimes I would look out at the water to see whether or not we were moving.

Enjoy your cruise - you will love the Med!