Spirit. Irons/hair-dryers?

Hi

We're going on the Spirit on Saturday on the Highland Fling. Can anyone tell me if there is a laundry with irons to use and which deck they are on?

Also are there hair-dryers in the cabins and what plug adaptors do we need?

Thank you

Hi

We're going on the Spirit on Saturday on the Highland Fling. Can anyone tell me if there is a laundry with irons to use and which deck they are on?

Also are there hair-dryers in the cabins and what plug adaptors do we need?

Thank you

Hairdryers in all cabins. According to the faq's if you Google 'Thomson Spirit' there are three laundries although when I looked at the deck plans there appeared to be ones on Decks 1,2,6 & 7 (?). Still it wil give you an idea. They are very good and last time we were on the irons were free to use.

The electricity supply is 110V American flat pin but with a 220V European round pin outlet too. We just take one of those universal adaptors which fit either type of socket.

I have problems copying links on my tablet but if you do a search for 'Thomson Spirit faqs electricity supply' an excellent page comes up with all these questions answered.

Thank you very much Kruzseeka. Looking forward to this short break, just hope the seas aren't too rough!!

Was on the Celebration last year and loved it, but have just been on the Ventura so will probably feel the Spirit is very small!

Thank you very much Kruzseeka. Looking forward to this short break, just hope the seas aren't too rough!!

Was on the Celebration last year and loved it, but have just been on the Ventura so will probably feel the Spirit is very small!

I'll be interested to know how you respond to that - we went on the Aurora followed by the Dream and didn't find it too small although there is clearly more public spaces on the bigger ships. It was the TA too which I feared may be a little claustrophobic with so many sea days but that didn't prove to be the case - I think the friendliness and atmosphere actually helped the ambience. Ventura is much larger ship - so the difference will be greater.

I hope you enjoy your break - and fingers crossed for you that the weather is kind. :)

Hi im just back form my 3rd cruise on the Spirit, you cant take irons on board i bought a steamer which does the job perfectly on ebay, as for hairdryers they do supply them but they are not very strong i have my own small travel one from argos instead. have fun on your holidays.:)

It's best to check the brochure/pre travel call centre for advice on what you can and cannot use in your cabin relating to electrical appliances

this is a matter of safety (not dress code)