Bringing wine on board

ladycat

I have brought wine onboard in the past and never paid corkage fee. If you open it yourself in your cabin you do not get charged. If you bring it to the dining room that is when they charge you. Atleast this is how it has always worked for me. If we want to have a glass of wine with our dinner we just pour it in our room and bring it with us to dinner. (Dont forget a corkscrew) Happy Cruising

I have brought wine onboard in the past and never paid corkage fee. If you open it yourself in your cabin you do not get charged. If you bring it to the dining room that is when they charge you. Atleast this is how it has always worked for me. If we want to have a glass of wine with our dinner we just pour it in our room and bring it with us to dinner. (Dont forget a corkscrew) Happy Cruising

Do you just walk past the table were you have to pay the fee? Interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is incorrect. You are charged after going thru security before boarding the ship. Stickers are put on each bottle to prove you have paid.

This must not have been on Norwegian. Our last cruise in April we paid the corkage, and they gave me an NCL corkscrew and said it would be best if we opened it in our cabin and carried it to the restaurant. :confused: I said that we always carry it to the restaurant unopened, and again, they said we should open it in our room. Once on the ship we did as we always have, and the servers at the restaurants were always ready to open the wine and pour for us.

Now I am starting to think :confused: Maybe I have not done this on my NCL cruises but I do know that the Last cruise this past January I did bring wine with no worries but that was another cruise line. Well I will be sure when I bring wine with me next week I will check the correct protocol and pay the corkage fee. Thanks for the info everyone.

Out of Boston on Dawn the Xray machine spotted everyone with wine and as described there is a $15 fee per bottle.

We checked three bags with three boxes of wine and all through made it through unscathed.

In the past we usually get one maybe two through. Then you pick it up the last evening at sea.

Carnival and Celebrity allow two bottles per stateroom with no charge.