Check your Resident Rates!!!

erby2283

A friend I am cruising with (there's a group of us) texted me and told me to check my rates tonight bc the price of our cruise dropped. I check every morning when I first get to work and as of today, nothing. But when I get her text and do a mock booking, I find that interior rooms have dropped to $449...but ONLY if you let Carnival pick your room....drats.....I have to keep mine b/c of our proximity to our group and I am not taking a chance of where Carnival would put us.

Then, I said to myself, "in addition to checking for past guest rates, why not check for a resident rate?" And voila.....it was the same price!!!! So guess what, I upgraded to a balcony for $120 more per person?!?!? I have so wanted a balcony for this cruise as I dread sailing in an interior but the price was just so high, I couldn't afford it. A quick call to a good friend and travel agent and I am all set!

It said these rates are good for residents of California, Illinois, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Good luck!

Edited by erby2283

Also just found this info on Carnival's website:

RESIDENT OFFER

Offer is non-transferable and has no cash value. Cruise only rates are in U.S. dollars, per person, double occupancy. Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses are additional for all guests. Offer is capacity controlled and is not applicable with any other discount or promotional offer. Minimum category purchase of 4A is required. Some restrictions (including category/stateroom availability) apply. Offer available to residents of North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Illinois on select Florida 6-8 day sailings between June 2014 – August 2014. Proof of residency required. Rates are subject to change without prior notice and are subject to availability. Request rate code PRI. Offer does not apply to Carnival Australia sailings. Ships’ Registry: Malta, The Bahamas and Panama.

Don't know why it doesn't list California as this is directly off my mock booking: Stateroom 1

Offer is available to CALIFORNIA, ILLINOIS, NORTH CAROLINA, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OHIO and PENNSYLVANIA residents only and proof of residency is required, in order to qualify.