Princess Grand Dry Dock

Luci lu

The embarkation delays were caused by a delay in disembarkation caused by customs/immigration. Fairly typical of a first cruise of the season cruise.

Our experience seems to be a little different than others that have posted. We found the staff to be very friendly and going out of their way to please us. This was one of the first cruises in a long time in which after interesting with staff such as paying for a drink and then seeing them later they would ask "how are you Mr Gary". This was the rule and not the exception. We were very impressed.

We only saw the captain once out and about on the ship but personally his primary job is to run the operation of the ship and not be out and about mingling with passengers.

Overall, from a cruise experience perspective this was one of the better cruises we have been on. And we are elite on Princess so we have a few cruises under our belt to rate it against other cruises.

We will definitely cruise on the Grand again in the future if it has the itinerary we are looking for.

Near PHX, how was your embarkation experience? Did you have priority boarding? We sail on Grand on Sunday. Last year it was boom, boom, boom and we were on the ship with priority boarding, I’m hoping for the same experience this year but after reading these comments I’m having my doubts. I guess we’ll see what happens on Sunday. We always do a full write report when we return.

oops, meant to ask you, what are the MUTS movies on the Grand? We had so much fun going to a couple of late night MUTS and then having a midnight snack.

I dont really recall what was on MUTS, I think i remember Gravity, and then some 80s movies during the day.

We were on the Star earlier in the month, the star was in good shape, the grand seemed to be a bit fresher. I had low expectations for the grand but was pleasantly surprised. However, unlike nearly every other grand class princess ship, in all rooms except mini suites, expect a smaller closet due to a different layout. The closet is about 1/3rd the size. Someone mentioned that you can ask your steward to stow your luggage if need-be.

Near PHX, how was your embarkation experience? Did you have priority boarding? We sail on Grand on Sunday. Last year it was boom, boom, boom and we were on the ship with priority boarding, I’m hoping for the same experience this year but after reading these comments I’m having my doubts. I guess we’ll see what happens on Sunday. We always do a full write report when we return.

We drove from Portland to Seattle and parked at pier 91 parking. Great shuttle to boarding area. Even though our scheduled arrival time was 2 we arrived at checkin about 12 and was told about the fact that people were still getting off the ship at 10:00-10:30 ish when others were starting to arrive and the off/on lines we comingling and causing major confusion as to what to do.

We had priority boarding and by 12:00 it was an easy check in for us and we were in our cabin by 12:30 ish. However, heard from some unhappy cruisers who had arrived too early and had to experience the mess.

Just off the grand 2 weeks ago. Overall in good shape the railings could use some stain which did stick out to many passengers. Otherwise rust here and there but would go on her again in a heartbeat.

I also was on this cruise......ALSO THE HORIZON COURT WAS REDONE.... MUCH MORE OPEN AND MORE SEATING AS THE BISTRO HAS BEEN REMOVED. ..... more seating......very nice.

Roland