B2B ~ Independence ~ April 20th & 26th: My Diary

Yes....Mario sat with us in the CL and we chatted a couple of times. What a nice guy! When he got off the Indy....he was going to his condo in Miami for a couple of days' date=' then he was doing the TA on the Liberty. After that....I don't know......we didn't go into that.

Maybe we'll see you in the CL one of these days!![/size']

I've always wanted to meet Mario! Actually I envy him and would ask him to adopt me!

Well first I need to get to D+, but with solo's getting double points, it shouldn't take me more than two years to reach it. I'm at 98 now, but will my upcoming B2B on the Vision will get me 18 points, & Serenade 14 points, so won't be long.

I also think DH and I would get along great, because I always see him with Beers and that's all I ever drink. Can I say we are lost at the Pub??

Michael

Had a great visit in the CL tonight. We were joined by Carol, and then Kevin and Juliana.

DSC03713_zps4d3e9e8a.jpg

DSC03715_zps089c81a0.jpg

DSC03717_zps5148ef30.jpg

DSC03722_zps513a0509.jpg

DSC03724_zps7f5552a8.jpg

The second bar server for the two weeks in the CL was Samuel. Samuel was also here in December and he remembered us when we got on last week. As a matter of fact....he came up to us first to shake our hands and to say he was glad to see us again. Samuel is a singer and he sang a little Kenny Rogers for us tonight. So cool!! He is leaving the company in a couple of weeks. Good luck to him.

DSC03719_zpsbf02138b.jpg

Here's another picture of Samuel's entertainment.

DSC03721_zpsdb0fd369.jpg

Dinner was quite nice tonight. I had a spinach salad and a pasta dish that I just love and always order.

DSC03727_zps25131f67.jpg

The Quest was tonight....and we thought about going but somehow we just ended up strolling along the Promenade, ended back in the cabin, and just didn't want to go back out. Before that we browsed through the pictures and found a couple of ours that we wanted.

Wah!!.....This week is winding down!

DSC03729_zpscc8741c6.jpg

DSC03731_zps9c51f7a4.jpg

DSC03732_zps1069ffb4.jpg

Some new things to pick from.....but they have the audacity to keep "Mud Pie" on the menu. We suggested that they call it something else as it is surely NOT Mud Pie!!

Totally agree with you and glad to see that I am not hallucinating! We had it on the Liberty last month and they kept insisting it was the same...... This is a big dissapointment as I usually pass on the deserts in the MDR and always looked forward to the Chops Mud Pie and red velvet cake.

Enjoy your review very much!

Totally agree with you and glad to see that I am not hallucinating! We had it on the Liberty last month and they kept insisting it was the same...... This is a big dissapointment as I usually pass on the deserts in the MDR and always looked forward to the Chops Mud Pie and red velvet cake.

Enjoy your review very much!

That's what kills me! They keep insisting that it's the same. NO .....it's not. We finally got the truth from Promod. He told us all about it. Oh well......

Jane - Phyllis and I had a blast with you and John for the week. We are looking forward

to a "repeat" SOON. Just let us know

Hey Al (and Phyllis!) Oh yes! We must book something soon. Always fun cruising with you guys!! Can't wait.

Saturday ~ May 3rd ~ At Sea

Last day. Same morning routine. Had breakfast with Brad and Mary Lynne.

DSC03733_zpsaaed0258.jpg

We had a 9:30 appointment with Emma to finalize one of our Jewel cruises. We booked the second week of the B2B when we got home at a much better price than she was quoting.

Afterwards, we spent some time hanging out on the Promenade.

DSC03735_zpsfed60296.jpg

We were invited to a special lunch today with some officers. It was in the MDR and there were 13 of us. Our table ate with the 2 head housekeeping officers. Carol was there with us, too. This was a nice lunch, but we just ordered from the regular menu. We had wine. It was very good.

DSC03738_zps57c115f5.jpg

DSC03737_zps7a176705.jpg

This was my dessert.

DSC03739_zps14513a53.jpg

My manicure appointment was after lunch, so I went on up to the spa. Annette from Jamaica gave me a very good manicure. So I was all set for another week.

DSC03741_zps9db4285d.jpg

On the way back to the cabin I ran into Brad and Mary Lynne at the Dog and Badger. I sat and visited with them for a while, putting off that dreaded packing thing!

DSC03743_zps7be7553b.jpg

DSC03744_zps7811774d.jpg

But I had to get back to the cabin and take care of that horrible task. Even though we were cruising one more week....I was sad to be leaving the Indy. Such a great ship. I would have loved to stay on board for the Trans Atlantic. A lot of people were.

We had to organize our suitcases because we were going to leave dirty clothes and some other things in the car so we wouldn't be so loaded down for the next week on the Freedom. We did a good job of getting everything ready.

We were heading back to Fort Lauderdale for sure.

DSC_0057_zps54a1d4ae.jpg

The CL was a lot of fun tonight, but we did have to say good-bye for real to a lot of folks. It was great fun all week.

DSC_0062_zpsfea20473.jpg

DSC_0066_zpsf6fffade.jpg

DSC_0067_zps0000c7b7.jpg

We were invited to a special lunch today with some officers. It was in the MDR and there were 13 of us. Our table ate with the 2 head housekeeping officers. Carol was there with us, too. This was a nice lunch, but we just ordered from the regular menu. We had wine. It was very good.

DSC03738_zps57c115f5.jpg

I was at the table too. Next to Carol and across from George:) I also enjoyed it.

We wished Samuel good luck in his new endeavors.

DSC_0070_zps6379120d.jpg

We thanked Ansel for his service this week.

DSC_0071_zpsa14e8031.jpg

And said good-bye to Nizar.

DSC_0072_zps03b221b8.jpg

DSC03747_zps54f08746.jpg

We had to wait for that elevator to take us to dinner one more time!

DSC_0075_zpscaced0a3.jpg

DSC03738_zps57c115f5.jpg

I was at the table too. Next to Carol and across from George:) I also enjoyed it.

Well......for goodness sakes, girl. You should have said that was you!!!!

Enjoyed our last dinner with Al and Phyllis, even though the last night's menu is not my favorite. I just ordered the salmon off the nightly menu.

DSC03749_zpse8d91ad8.jpg

DSC03750_zps3f288702.jpg

DSC_0077_zpsb0c2ceab.jpg

We said good-bye to Jerome and Miroslav. What an awesome wait team! As we were taking this picture, Promod came up and photobombed us!!

DSC_0080_zpsf4401ce1.jpg

We were so happy to be able to cruise with Promod again. We hope we will be able to see him again before too long. We think he will stay with the Indy and then will probably take the Anthem out. Not sure, though. Just guessing. He is one in a million, though, and all of his employees really have a lot of love and respect for him.

DSC_0081_zpsf26f28f1.jpg

This guy ran the MTD desk and I had the hardest time with his name, but he was so accommodating and always treated us so nicely each night, remembering our names and making sure that we could sit with Jerome and Miroslav. Another one of the great staff members on this ship.

DSC03754_zpsb787c9a8.jpg

We said good-bye to Al and Phyllis after dinner. So great cruising with them again and I know we will get together again soon.

DSC_0083_zps04e55d1f.jpg

DSC_0084_zpsfb27b19f.jpg

DSC_0086_zpse9550522.jpg

OK.....this is not evil now.....it's just sad!

DSC_0087_zps827ad6a8.jpg

Those are ours!

DSC_0089_zpsc331582c.jpg

We finished up our packing and went to bed. It would be a very early morning wake up. We need to get off the ship as soon as we can .

Sunday ~ May 4th ~ Fort Lauderdale to Port Canaveral

Up very early this morning (5AM). Grabbed some coffee in the CL. We finished up our packing. We were proud of ourselves for doing a good job yesterday......not much left to do this morning.

We had early tags and would be called off first after the walk offs....supposedly at 7 AM.

We went on down to the dining room on deck 4 around 6:45.....and sure enough, we were off at 7 as promised! Disembarkation was a breeze as far as those go. Everything moved along very quickly.....good thing because we were a little anxious about getting to our car (which we hoped was still there), repacking our suitcases, and getting on the road to Port C.

Everything went very smoothly and we were on the road by 8. We stopped at a McDonald's along the way and got breakfast.

We pulled into the Park and Cruise on Merritt Island, where we had reservations, at about 11:45. Not bad!

Apparently, I was very negligent about making any pictures of this process!! I'm slipping. But we were very pleased at how everything went. We were able to get on board Freedom just a little later than we usually would have, had we spent the night in Port C.

I'll start a new thread for the Freedom cruise, so please stop by in there and say hello! (We actually went in search of the real Mud Pie there!)

As always, I will end this thread with a toast to all our cruise buddies.....live and vicarious. We so enjoy cruising with you. This was a great two weeks and we look forward to doing this again when the Indy returns to this side of the pond.

Not sure when we are cruising again except for the Jewel in Nov/Dec, so stay tuned. I'm sure we'll find something in the meantime! (Right, Al and Phyllis?)

So ........cheers! And thanks for reading!

DSC03511_zpsfb46b624.jpg

Have greatly enjoyed your review! We sail the IOS in November for a B2B and this was very helpful.

Would you mind telling me your cabin number. We are also in a D2 on the 8th deck.

Thanks.

Ellen

Ellen ......Glad to be of some help!

Our cabin number on this leg was 8690.

Thanks for a great review and pictures. I'm looking forward to the Freedom review:)

Thanks! I'm uploading the pictures to Photobucket right now.

Hopefully we'll get to properly meet next time!! It was different because I wasn't posting on the roll call thread. I can't believe what a huge difference that makes!!