Dolphin Swim for kid with autism

Colby Thor

Hi,

We are looking to choose a cruise, but we want to choose one that will have a Dolphin Swim, for my son who has autism. CAn anyone tell me which ports have them and which ones would be best for kids with autism?

Chankanaab in Cozumel has a dolphin swim available. It also has a great beach and other activities. We found it to be very quiet and relaxing, so he could definitely find an area to chill if things were to overwhelming for him. There is really no need to book this through the cruise line, we saved a lot of money grabbing a taxi (they are safe and cheap)

And going there on our own. He may prefer a taxi over a loud crowded bus. I hope you have a great cruise! Something to consider is your plan for the safety drill. It can be loud and crowded which may be too much for him depending on how sensitive he is to sensory stuff. You may be able to arrange something through your cruise line ahead of time b head phones may help if he is sensitive to auditory input.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I second Chankanaab National Park Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel. We were on the Disney Magic. My son, also autistic, was hesitant at first but finally was smiling and had a lot of fun. My daughter also did the Manatee Encounter while we were there which was not an excursion from the ship. Because of that, she was the only participant and she loved it. She liked feeding them lettuce while swimming with them. The one thing that all of these places do, is not let you take your own pictures from the dock. They have their own photographers and you can buy all of their pictures on a USB. The prices are negotiable.