Carnival Breeze Cabin Question

tbrenk1973

Is there a big difference to go from an 8C to 8B? If we change cabins we can get a $500 price drop per cabin. It is only a matter of moving down cabins from 7382 to 7426. Are there any downsides?

Depending on how you booked you may not be able to downgrade because going from a C to a B is a downgrade and is not allowed on ES and other rate plans.

7382 is a double connecting cabin, and 7426 is a quad cabin. So unless you have 4 people they may not let you downgrade even if your rate plan allows it. And if they do and you still only have 2 people at any time prior to sailing they could bump you WITHOUT NOTICE to any other balcony cabin that holds 2 people and it might be in a very bad place.

Depending on how you booked you may not be able to downgrade because going from a C to a B is a downgrade and is not allowed on ES and other rate plans.

7382 is a double connecting cabin, and 7426 is a quad cabin. So unless you have 4 people they may not let you downgrade even if your rate plan allows it. And if they do and you still only have 2 people at any time prior to sailing they could bump you WITHOUT NOTICE to any other balcony cabin that holds 2 people and it might be in a very bad place.

I am sorry, I should have given more info. We have 3 cabins booked 7382, 7380 and 7378. We could all move and go to 7426, 7430 and 7432. $500 savings for trip and double cabin and about $664 for quad. I called and was told all were available and the savings would apply.

No differences at all with the letters. A standard 8B or 8A would look exactly like any other standard balcony room. Location could be a factor though. Your current rooms are between elevators, which I prefer. The rooms you're looking to switch to are right next to them. This may not happen, but there could be some rude people being very loud when they come off the elevators at night. And being further aft could experience a little bit more motion, but not much more. Plus, your current 3 rooms sleep 9 people, and the new rooms would sleep 10. So at least one room will sleep more than you'll have, so what okgirl was mentioning about maybe getting bumped is something to keep in mind.

Other than that, I can't see any problems with the move. Your current 7382 is a connecting room to 7384, who you don't know. So there will be that door on the side of the room, which some people will say is not a problem, while others say it is. The potential new rooms would not have anything connecting with strangers.

I am sorry, I should have given more info. We have 3 cabins booked 7382, 7380 and 7378. We could all move and go to 7426, 7430 and 7432. $500 savings for trip and double cabin and about $664 for quad. I called and was told all were available and the savings would apply.

MHO...

Cabins 7426,7430,7432 are only 14 cabins down from the original 7382,7380,7378. And they are elevator close. I prefer being close to an elevator, rather than between elevators. And many times I've had cabins right off the elevator and I've never been bothered by noisey people.)

For the savings difference, I'd make the switch.

MHO...

Cabins 7426,7430,7432 are only 14 cabins down from the original 7382,7380,7378. And they are elevator close. I prefer being close to an elevator, rather than between elevators. And many times I've had cabins right off the elevator and I've never been bothered by noisey people.)

For the savings difference, I'd make the switch.

Ditto - the closer to an elevator I am, the happier I am. And the elevator banks on all ships are separated from the cabins by a lobby that leads off to the starboard and port hallways. I have never in 21 cruises been bothered by noise near elevator lobbies. I say go for it!

Edited by sailinglisa

Last cruise I was 2 cabins from an elevator. first time near an elevator,always avoided them due to comments about being a bad position and the noise! What Noise:confused:

Close to elevators are good in my opinion:) Noisy people who use ships elevators also use ships corridors and are just as noisy. Elevators themselves made no noise at all:)

Edited by fishtaco

Is there a big difference to go from an 8C to 8B? If we change cabins we can get a $500 price drop per cabin. It is only a matter of moving down cabins from 7382 to 7426. Are there any downsides?

Are you going to cancel and re book? Because as mentioned by another poster if you are Early Saver rate you are not allowed to downgrade and get price drops.

You probably know this already but its still worth another mention just in case:)

Edited by fishtaco