Enchantment 5/19 Review - From A Newbie

I said kids, but they are 16 and 20. So, that makes a difference I guess. Was it normal for the beach side to be closed? And how long did you get to stay? I don't think we get into Nassau until noon.

I said kids, but they are 16 and 20. So, that makes a difference I guess. Was it normal for the beach side to be closed? And how long did you get to stay? I don't think we get into Nassau until noon.

My daughter is 19 and said it was the highlight of her trip. But she fell in love with the dolphins. Probably depends on what they enjoy doing. There wasn't a lot of really deep water areas on the lagoon side. And we didn't go out to the ocean side. I didn't ask how often they close that part. But it was very windy all week. Coco Cay was almost cancelled due to wind. It's about a 25 minute boat ride to the island (which is very nice.). I'd say we got there a little before 9:00am. They have boats that run at 11:00, 1:00, 2:00 and 4:00. Just factor in the boat ride time there and back when planning.

You did a great & informative review. Congratulations on finding your way to

Cruise Critic, which is an awesome website, and you already have almost 100

posts! As others have said, the porthole window picture of your beautiful

daughter with the ship behind is fantastic.

Welcome, Fellow Addict!

I'm Cruzin Lady, and I'm an addict, too.

On deck 6 is the caffee lattitudes. There is a Ben and Jerry's there. You pay for the ice cream and coffee concoctions. But they also have several cookies, cakes and brownie selections that are free. It's not advertised that the sweets are free, so I think many people thought you had to pay for them. I also saw muffins in the mornings. The only thing I can offer on the tea is this. At dinner our assistant waiter Li came around with a wooden box. In that box were several varitites of tea bags. She gave my daughter a couple and she used the coffee pot in the room to make herself a cup of hot tea. If there isn't a coffee pot in your stateroom, I would think you could find a cup of hot water at the cafe lattitudes when you are getting your evening sweet! :)

The shuttle was a complete accident. We were with the blue lagoon group in the morning and the walk didn't seem to bad at 8am. LOL But boy oh boy was it a long walk at 2pm after we were tired!!! I didn't think mom was going to make it. I made the comment to the person checking us in that I would have paid $20 for a shuttle. After we showered and were heading back out into town we stumbled on the van. Well, he about ran us over and honked at me. LOL But when I saw FREE I was all over it. When we were done he was waiting outside the building where you come through (customs maybe?). I tipped him a couple bucks each time. I would definately look for him. I had joked to mom that I had found my future...that I was going to retire early and move to the Bahamas and start a shuttle service becuase I'd make a mint. I was bummed he stole my retirement, :p, but it made all the difference. He kept yelling out the window at people that it was free but I think people thought it was a scam because they kept looking at him crazy and walking on. He was a TERRIBLE driver...lol...he did not yield to pedistrians and I held my breath most of the trip. But not having to walk made up for almost flattening a dozen walkers.

Thank you so much! I have learned more from your review than any other review for this ship!:)

My daughter is 19 and said it was the highlight of her trip. But she fell in love with the dolphins. Probably depends on what they enjoy doing. There wasn't a lot of really deep water areas on the lagoon side. And we didn't go out to the ocean side. I didn't ask how often they close that part. But it was very windy all week. Coco Cay was almost cancelled due to wind. It's about a 25 minute boat ride to the island (which is very nice.). I'd say we got there a little before 9:00am. They have boats that run at 11:00, 1:00, 2:00 and 4:00. Just factor in the boat ride time there and back when planning.

It's good that you all were able to make Coco Cay, we were on the sailing right before you and missed it (also due to high winds). Glad you enjoyed your cruise, EN is a great ship with a friendly crew!

Did your drink package work at Coco Cay. I assumed it was only good on the ship.

The drink package DID work at Coco Cay. In fact, I ordered the Coco Loco (which I really could have had more than one...they are super yummy!) in the plastic sports cup with the big straw. I asked how much they were and was told $9. I was fine with paying that because I wanted the cup but when I signed my receipt it was a $0 charge and never showed up on the bill. I am going to assume it's because $9 is under the "allowed" dollar amount on frozen drinks. That was at the bar that is right by where they were serving the food. I also bought a couple beers on Coco Cay and it was covered under the drink package. Since Coco Cay is a private island owned by Royal, the drink package extends there. So you should be good to go!

The drink package DID work at Coco Cay. In fact, I ordered the Coco Loco (which I really could have had more than one...they are super yummy!) in the plastic sports cup with the big straw. I asked how much they were and was told $9. I was fine with paying that because I wanted the cup but when I signed my receipt it was a $0 charge and never showed up on the bill. I am going to assume it's because $9 is under the "allowed" dollar amount on frozen drinks. That was at the bar that is right by where they were serving the food. I also bought a couple beers on Coco Cay and it was covered under the drink package. Since Coco Cay is a private island owned by Royal, the drink package extends there. So you should be good to go!

Great to know. I truly was not expecting that. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Thanks for the review - I was thinking of booking this exact cabin for a short cruise later next year. Did you hear much noise from deck above?

Absolutely no noise from above. The fitness area is above us but I'm not exactly sure what pieces of equipment or part of the spa/fitness area was above us. We didn't really feel any movement of the ship. The only ship noise was when we were pulling out of Nassau. It was loud and shook the whole room but not a huge deal. We didn't even hear our next door neighbors. The most surprising? We rarely heard anyone on the balcony. We NEVER heard the people next to us on either side and only once heard people below us. I did hear what I was assuming the Quest on the last night. But that was over by midnight.

Thanks so much for your review! Were there shaded areas on Barefoot Beach? We are going in June and I would like to not be in full sun the entire time if possible. Thank you!

There were several palm trees that provided nice shade for mom. We got there early so we had pick of chairs but no one ever sat close to us. I'd have been offended if it wasn't so nice. Lol

We we close to the cababettes. I think those are $50. They weren't even half full. There was also several umbrellas with two chairs. Not sure how much those cost. Might be with worth checking into if you want fuller shade. That area wasn't crowded either and very quiet.

Thank you so much! I have learned more from your review than any other review for this ship!:)

Thank you. I've picked up so many pieces of information from different reviews. It's really like putting together a puzzle. I'm a no nonsense kind of gal so I knew those wonderfully witty reviews I enjoy reading was not going I happen for me so I tried to focus more on things I've seen mentioned here but not really addressed in depth.

That's why I'm so glad you all are asking questions. I'm much better at giving detail in an answer than trying to remember everything. So keep the questions coming!

Sea Pass Cards: I've seen many people ask how to carry their sea pass card. I didn't want to carry a purse of any kind and if my daughter CAN lose it, she WILL lose it, so here was our solution...

IMG_20140530_225250691_zpsslz241lt.jpg

We bought those little key rings at Walmart for 2 for $3.00. Guest services punched holes in the cards. They were wonderful. Didn't have something around your neck but didn't have to worry about it falling out of pockets or laying it down and forgetting it if you didn't have pockets. Ready to go? Just pop it around your wrist and away you go! It never got in our way.

Mlife: If you notice, this was our first cruise but my sea pass card said gold. That's because, based on another great review, I learned that if you sign up for Mlife, then call the crown and anchor number and give them your Mlife number, you are enrolled as a gold member. The whole process took less than 10 minutes. Within a few days every email I got had my C&A number on it. When we got to the room we had our statement waiting for us that listed all the gold benefits we were eligible for. I wish I had saved that paper. It's worth signing up for.

Edited by SMN73

Dennis & Sue Here From the Charleston, SC area.

Thanks for the nice review & photos...

The 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral are our favorite getaways. A half days drive and we are there.

We've sailed the Sovereign 3 times, Monarch 11 times and Enchantment 4 times to the Bahamas out of Port Canaveral since 2007... We've visited Nassau 26 times and CoCo Cay 19 times.

We really enjoy the Enchantment, for a seventeen year old ship that sails with up to 4,800 passengers each week, we think She's great...

I've got to mention the New Years Eve Cruise on Enchantment...

We did this cruise December 30, 2013, New Years Eve in CoCO Cay and New Years Day in Nassau...

The Enchantment knows how to Party on New Years Eve. Parties about the Ship for any taste, they had two combined bands in the Centrum doing Pop/Rock. They had a Latin band in Boleros, They had the Ship's Ochestra doing Big Band music in the Spotlight Lounge and a Pianist in the Schooner Bar. Every host/hostess started bringing out trays of complimentary Champaign about 11:45pm. There was a Buffet on the Pool Deck at 12:15am and if you were wondering what was happening in the Viking Crown Lounge, well, they started a Disco Party about 12:15AM (The First Party of 2014) that went, I'm Told, until 5AM... Reyno, the Concierge, had a party in his lounge too...

The Enchantment is just a FUN ship.

Dennis & Sue...

30192-profile.png

There were several palm trees that provided nice shade for mom. We got there early so we had pick of chairs but no one ever sat close to us. I'd have been offended if it wasn't so nice. Lol

We we close to the cababettes. I think those are $50. They weren't even half full. There was also several umbrellas with two chairs. Not sure how much those cost. Might be with worth checking into if you want fuller shade. That area wasn't crowded either and very quiet.

Thank you! We will be sure to get there early, I want to enjoy every moment possible! Thanks for sharing all of your tips!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Shani,

Loved your review. After a very long year we are finally back to cruising! I have 3 quick questions:

1. Noticed in your review that you had the escargot. I am assuming the little guys are back now? Please confirm before I tell DD - she will be so excited!

2. We will also be in a JS - did your room have a tub/shower or just a shower?

3. Where on deck 5 was that porthole? What a great photo spot!

Thanks,

Virginia

Shani,

Loved your review. After a very long year we are finally back to cruising! I have 3 quick questions:

1. Noticed in your review that you had the escargot. I am assuming the little guys are back now? Please confirm before I tell DD - she will be so excited!

2. We will also be in a JS - did your room have a tub/shower or just a shower?

3. Where on deck 5 was that porthole? What a great photo spot!

Thanks,

Virginia

Hi Virginia,

They DID have escargot. I think it was formal night, which would have been night two, but please don't hold me to that. It was there though.

We had a tub/shower combo. Keep in mind that the end of the tub is not flush against the wall and has an area of several inches that is flat and without a towel or the little sponge tip I talked about water will run into your floor. I had heard the regular showers were TINY so I was thankful for the room.

I will explain the porthole location the best I know how. I tried to learn but for the life of me I never knew if I was starboard, port, aft or forward. HAHA So I will just use left and right. We were at muster station 12. If you are standing at muster station twelve and are looking off the edge of the ship, then turn left. I have no idea if you are heading to the front or back of the ship...just turn left:rolleyes:. As you round the corner of the end of the ship you will see the porthole. Pitiful huh? LOL

great review! I've sailed only once on ENT and loved it! do you by chance remember who was playing piano in the Schooner Bar? we seem to congregate there and a good piano player can really make the cruise so much fun! OR if you have a copy of one of your cruise compasses that would be a great help! thanks

Edited by abodom68

great review! I've sailed only once on ENT and loved it! do you by chance remember who was playing piano in the Schooner Bar? we seem to congregate there and a good piano player can really make the cruise so much fun! OR if you have a copy of one of your cruise compasses that would be a great help! thanks

I know from Tony B's website that he was on there until May 30, so not sure who is on there now. Saw him earlier this year and had a great time. We would love to know who is on ther now too as we're going next weekend and love the Schooner bar. Would need to be someone who got off this monday from the may 30 cruise though.

Hi Virginia,

They DID have escargot. I think it was formal night, which would have been night two, but please don't hold me to that. It was there though.

We had a tub/shower combo. Keep in mind that the end of the tub is not flush against the wall and has an area of several inches that is flat and without a towel or the little sponge tip I talked about water will run into your floor. I had heard the regular showers were TINY so I was thankful for the room.

I will explain the porthole location the best I know how. I tried to learn but for the life of me I never knew if I was starboard, port, aft or forward. HAHA So I will just use left and right. We were at muster station 12. If you are standing at muster station twelve and are looking off the edge of the ship, then turn left. I have no idea if you are heading to the front or back of the ship...just turn left:rolleyes:. As you round the corner of the end of the ship you will see the porthole. Pitiful huh? LOL

Shani,

Thanks so much. Don't worry, we'll find it. In fact your directions are pretty similar to ones I would give so it should be easy!

BTW - Welcome to Cruise Addicts (not very) Anonymous!

Virginia