Oasis of the Seas B2B Trip Report - 5/10/14 & 5/17/14

Thanks again to all who have requested to PDF version! Please remember, if you can, to post your comments or questions either here in this thread, or email it to me directly at the address I sent the link to you from. I promise to reply to each and every one of you. :)

Also, as an update, we are indeed booked for a week next year on the Oasis (Eastern), and will also be spending 8 nights at Walt Disney World and 4 nights at Universal Studios. AND we'll have our son, 23, with us. So I anticipate the trip report for next year to be easily double the size, with tons of stories and tips, and dozens of scanned documents from all parts of the trip. Be sure to keep in touch if you would like to follow along with our planning, adventures and ultimately the final PDF.

Have a wonderful weekend! :D

I did not dream that night. I was already there.

:) What a wonderful way of phrasing that special feeling we all love to experience after the first day of a cruise.

And it's obvious that you adore your wife. I can see why your marriage has met the test of time. Can't wait to read the rest of your review.

:) What a wonderful way of phrasing that special feeling we all love to experience after the first day of a cruise.

And it's obvious that you adore your wife. I can see why your marriage has met the test of time. Can't wait to read the rest of your review.

Thanks! What an awesome comment! :D

• 5 weeks later...

What a fabulous review!!! I will be sailing on the Oasis for the first time in March/15 and just loved reading about all the things to see and do!!!:D

I send you my e-mail. Can't wait to read the PDF!!:p

What a fabulous review!!! I will be sailing on the Oasis for the first time in March/15 and just loved reading about all the things to see and do!!!:D

I send you my e-mail. Can't wait to read the PDF!!:p

Thanks Sharonna. :)

Thank you for your wonderful report and for emailing it to me so quickly. I felt like I was right there with you. I read it till 11pm last night and had to finish is this moring. Don't know how you could keep up that pace for 2 weeks. The only question I have is - what exactly did the captain say about drydock. We will be on her soon after the dry dock and just curious what is to be done.

Thank you for your wonderful report and for emailing it to me so quickly. I felt like I was right there with you. I read it till 11pm last night and had to finish is this moring. Don't know how you could keep up that pace for 2 weeks. The only question I have is - what exactly did the captain say about drydock. We will be on her soon after the dry dock and just curious what is to be done.

Hi. Thank you for the kind words.

Hmm. Let me think back to the Q&A. I believe Cap'n Trymm said they would be doing standard maintenance and upgrades, but did not mention anything specific. Honestly, with it being over 2 months now, it's a bit hard to recall it exactly, so my apologies. I also, of course, had already heard a bunch of info on CC, so that's also mixed into my muddled brain. :)

Sorry - wish I could be more help. I do have a friend who is going to be on the Transatlantic repositioning back to Florida, so I expect to hear more concrete info then.

If everything plays out, expect all the cabins to be refreshed (same design and decor, just refurbished), the over-time wear and tear on the ship cleaned up, CATS of course replacing Hairspray, and possibly the replacement of the Seafood Shack with something else (but that might just be wishful thinking.)

No matter what, you'll have a wonderful time. :D

Sorry about that...I went to edit and I zapped instead!:o I think this is more or less what I wrote before!

What a fabulous report! I didn't discover this when you first started posting it, probably because I was off on a cruise adventure of my own at the time. I found it around lunch time today, and I read every word, including the parts we're not doing!:)

At 2:15pm, we went down to the RP by the Champagne Bar where a rep from the Entertainment department was helping people with changes for shows. Or should I say trying to.

On every cruise, you will run across “The Entitled”. These are people who feel that they are “entitled” to have everything catered to them, that no other cruiser matters, that the world and the ship revolve around them. This kind young girl was trying to help this older man, while his buddy just stood in front of the line staring at her. From what I gathered over the 15 MINUTES he stood there is this. He did NOT make reservations online. He did NOT make reservations when he first got on board. He was either a suite guest or a high level Crown & Anchor member and did NOT utilize the concierge. No, it was not late on the second day and he wanted his reservations made, right there and then, including the Comedy Live shows he specifically wanted.

The girl tried to explain that these shows were booked solid and there was nothing she could do, the system wouldn’t let her add him and his party (4 of them). He didn’t care and was very loud and nearly screamed at the girl. Everyone in line, of which there must now have been 20 just glared at him. It did no good. He was all that mattered. He owned the ship and these people were just ants to him. It absolutely disgusted me the way he was treating her.

She got her manager on her cell phone and at one point had to even walk the guy over to Guest Services. Coming back, he still wasn’t satisfied. Finally she called her manager again and told him it was all taken care of and had to show him proof on the screen. He finally walked away, smug and happy with himself. His buddy just followed along, same stupid expression on his face. Meanwhile the girl was practically in tears.

Half the line had left by now, but I stepped up to her and said, “I’m so sorry you had to go through that. I promise mine will be easy.” I asked her if she could change the time for us at the Headliner show later in the week. Two clicks later and it was done. I smiled at her and said, “See? And now you get a hug.” She laughed and gave me a big hug and said thank you. I even heard a small sniffle and thought how easy it was to make someone’s day brighter compared to the effort it takes to destroy it. I never want to wish ill towards anyone, but if someone deserved to have Noro coughed in his general direction, I can think of a couple of candidates…

We headed over to the Cupcake Cupboard and chatted with Maria for a while. It was already the second cruise and we realized we hadn’t purchased any cupcakes yet. You could get 3 mini-cupcakes for $5, so we picked out some and Maria wrapped them onto a plate for us. We took them up to the room and sat them in the cooler.

At 5pm, we went to the Boardwalk and Johnny Rockets for dinner. We asked for a booth inside was was served by Ma, a delightful tiny girl who had a wonderful smile. Speaking of smiles, of course, that’s what she squirted with ketchup on a plate for us as she brought us a basket of French fries and onion rings.

Now everyone knows they do that for all guests. I decided to return the favor. When she came back to take our order, she looked down and the plate and broke up laughing. I had taken an onion ring, broken it in half and given “The Face” eyebrows. I also placed a small French fry into the glob that was his nose, now sticking straight up.

When she had returned with our meal, the longest fry I could find had replaced the nose. I explained The Face had told one too many lies and his nose grew. She busted up again. Other servers were detouring by our table to see The Face. He was a popular plate.

When we received our two shakes (C&A special of buy one, get one free), suddenly he had two ice cream pupils with chocolate sauce irises. And when she came with a sundae for desert (Seriously? More food?), he had two small buck teeth made from a cut soda straw.

At the end, she thanked us, saying no one had gone out of their way to entertain HER while eating before. I told her if she was ever having a bad day this week, to look out the window at the balcony with the red, white & blue windsock (it was very visible through the window) and know that the M&Ms would be right there with a hug and smile. She called us “Mister and Missus M&M” and gave us a hug as we left, several servers stopping by the table to look at The Face. I’d like to think he is still there, making Ma smile from time to time…

You made my day, just as I'm sure you made the staff's day. It would be a pleasure to cruise with you, and a whole ship full of people like you! Thanks again for a great review!:D

• 3 weeks later...