Last Minute Stateroom Change?

Leucothea

Has anyone here changed their stateroom at the last minute before embarkation (I don't mean upgrades)? Can you change your stateroom after you have paid the full fare? Has anyone here changed staterooms, for example, a week or 2 before sailing?

Has anyone here changed their stateroom at the last minute before embarkation (I don't mean upgrades)? Can you change your stateroom after you have paid the full fare? Has anyone here changed staterooms, for example, a week or 2 before sailing?

Yes, but I paid more for the change which was made approximately 3 or 4 weeks prior to sailing. I might be wrong on this, but I think it might mean cancelling the previous booking, and a change in terms of any OBC or other benefits, and creating a new booking. Sometimes it is an easy transition, and other times, not. (My experience relates to bookings made in the US.) -S.

A few years ago, when travelling with my elderly in-laws, I saw a cabin on the QV become available that had a large corner balcony, just al little further along on deck 7. As they would be spending a lot of time in their room I asked for a change, and it was duly done at no charge as it was in the same grade, and this was close to the sailing date.

Here in the UK, I understand that there is a £20.00 per person charge for changes by grade. However, terms and conditions do alter as we we all know.