Gluten Free Dining on Gem

neetze1

Has anyone had any experience with Gluten Free dining on the Gem? Will we have to stick to a main dining room or can they accommodate at the buffet as well? We have made it know on our reservation but I am a little bit concerned. We are going from New York to Bahamas the end of August.

Thank you.

NCL is very good with special diets and as long as you are pro-active also, you should have no problems anywhere - in MDRs, buffet or speciality restaurants. It requires you to communicate your needs in the restaurant, be prepared to wait for a bit and in some cases possibly make advance arrangements, but other than that - no problem.

Has anyone had any experience with Gluten Free dining on the Gem? Will we have to stick to a main dining room or can they accommodate at the buffet as well? We have made it know on our reservation but I am a little bit concerned. We are going from New York to Bahamas the end of August.

Thank you.

NCL does an amazing job with food allegies and the staff is aware of topics like cross-contamination. On our last cruise, my daughter was able to pre-order every meal the night before (granted, we did have to plan ahead as to where we would eat), but we knew her meal was gluten-free.

That said, I'd be careful of the buffets for the same reason you would be anywhere else. While the item may be prepared gluten-free, you can't be sure that the utensils haven't been contaminated by some other passenger using the french toast tongs to pick up their bacon. Guess it depends on the sensitivity of the person, but for that reason, my daughter avoided all buffet food.