Celebrate every milestone and hold your loved ones close

the2ofus

I wanted to let you know that I read your post with sadness and came away regretting that my DH had convinced me that he didn't want to go on a longer cruise we had planned. We did agree to take a shorter one with family. He had had surgery but is feeling better now.

Shortly after I reflected on your loss, DH came up with a mailout about the destination we cancelled. I took a very deep breath and showed him the file. There was no way we could duplicate the trip at the previous rate.

Here is where it is amazing.... instead of releasing frustration, I went on line and saw a similiar trip with fewer days but a slightly more interesting route. It's not HAL and it won't be my choice of cabin, but we are going. My on-line agent seemed truly glad I called her back and found a doable quote. It will be tight because we still have to keep our family plans intact.

Today DH asked me why I wanted to go....and without hesitation I said, "for us to be together and share this place you wanted to see." then added silently...."while we still can."

Thank you for writing, already the ripples from your kindness are spreading across the waters. Love does that, doesn't it?

Blessings,

Archived