Weather Forecast for Western Caribbean!

I know I shouldn't be pessimistic... but I've been hearing about conditions being right for a tropical storm to develop in the Western Caribbean (around Belize). Looking at the forecast for Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Costa Maya- it looks like lots of rain.

Has anyone any good news to share with me. I hate to be a worry wart, and I know I will have lots of fun regardless...but I want this to be real special for my kids!

Anybody seeing anything different? :D

Haven't heard much about the weather in that area, but I'm heading to Cozumel, and other ports in that area on Saturday, and I AIN'T WORRIED. I know the Captain will keep us out of any really bad weather, and frankly I LOVE Sea Days! ;)

"SKY"

Thanks for the positive vibes! We have never had a bad experience with rain on the ship itself as they do a wonderful job of navigating around that stuff. However, I am more concerned about the ports themselves. How accurate is the forecasts? Anybody have a suggestion on the one that's most reliable.

Sorry to sound like a downer, but we had a really bad storm hover over Georgetown last year. We made the most of it, but it was a downpour all day long!

Well hurricane season officially starts on Sunday (June 1st), so it is possible that things could develop. That being said, there doesn't seem like much to be concerned about on the National Hurricane Center's webpage.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/?atlc

It is the time of year where afternoon showers are common in the afternoon, but they come and go.

Some models are showing a possible Tropical Storm in the Gulf for first week of June. But the reliability this far out is weak. Best not to worry and look forward to your cruise. Just keep in back of your mind that if there is some bad weather, then there may be a change or miss of your ports. June is beginning of hurricane season, but typically not significant. However this past winter has been weird, so you just never know.

I know I shouldn't be pessimistic... but I've been hearing about conditions being right for a tropical storm to develop in the Western Caribbean (around Belize). Looking at the forecast for Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Costa Maya- it looks like lots of rain.

Has anyone any good news to share with me. I hate to be a worry wart, and I know I will have lots of fun regardless...but I want this to be real special for my kids!

Anybody seeing anything different? :D

Went to those ports (except Cayman instead of CM) last Nov and worried, and worried and worried about the weather. Checking 10 day forecasts every few hours to see how much they would change. Stocked up on bug spray (which is good to have) and ponchos and guess what? The only rain we encountered was on the tender on Belize even though almost every day leading up to the cruise said 80-100% chance of rain in every port! I even did what you did and started a thread about it but it turned out to be pretty good weather. Cloudy but not anywhere near as bad I anticipated it to be! So prepare yourself with ponchos etc, but just know that just b/c they're forecasting for it could just mean a little rain here or there...not an all day downpour!