What did you think of the Explorer of the seas?

Just returned from the Carnival Legend in July, did the Norweign Dawn last year and looking at the Royal Caribbean Explorer out of NY to Bermuda next June. Please let me know how it was, what did you do in Bermuda, any help would be appreciated.

Currently, the Explorer does alternating Eastern/Western Caribbean cruises for seven nights. I have done both itineraries on the Explorer, the Western last summer and the Eastern just last week.

We love the Explorer (hence a repeat sailing) and would recommend her to anyone wanting a large ship with great activities.

I have never done Bermuda, so have no clue about what to do there.

Good luck,

Sharon in Phoenix

dougp26364 - Love your pix's and so excited to see them because we just booked the same cabin for next May. We went back and forth between that cabin (9284) and an aft cabin because of the bigger deck. Finally I decided being mid ship was more important. How was the location for rough seas, feel much movement? Hubby gets seasick so I am concerned. Also, is it close to elevators? How was the deck, I think it stated you had a lounge chair and 2 chairs? That sounds great we were hoping for a lounge. Thanks :)

Explorer of the Seas is my favorite ship! And I've been on lot's of ships including Carnival Legend and Norwegian Dawn! I liked Explorer much more than either of those ships. I am sailing on Explorer yet again for the third time next Summer, also in June and to Bermuda. Maybe I'll see you there! We are going June 25th. I just did the Bermuda cruise a couple of weeks ago on Grandeur of the Seas which is also a nice ship. Bermuda was lovely. I look forward to returning. Here is a link to my photo gallery which includes many photos of Explorer and also photos from Bermuda in my Grandeur gallery. Enjoy!

http://community.webshots.com/user/tblm22

Explorer of the Seas is my favorite ship! And I've been on lot's of ships including Carnival Legend and Norwegian Dawn! I liked Explorer much more than either of those ships. I am sailing on Explorer yet again for the third time next Summer, also in June and to Bermuda. Maybe I'll see you there! We are going June 25th. I just did the Bermuda cruise a couple of weeks ago on Grandeur of the Seas which is also a nice ship. Bermuda was lovely. I look forward to returning. Here is a link to my photo gallery which includes many photos of Explorer and also photos from Bermuda in my Grandeur gallery. Enjoy!

http://community.webshots.com/user/tblm22

Thanks for the pictures, and I am also looking to book for June25th. Thanks again.

Joann,

Just love Explorer. Did the Eastern Carib last Sept and getting ready to go again in early Oct. I'd say you'll love 'er....she's a beaut. Never felt crowded, in good shape and great public spaces. Was my best cruise yet. Can't tell you anything about Bermuda, though I'm sure there's nothing wrong with their pink sand beaches;)

Doug...thanks for your pictures...we decided on the Junior Suite this time and got psyched just looking.

Peace,

Kathy

Just returned from the Carnival Legend in July, did the Norweign Dawn last year and looking at the Royal Caribbean Explorer out of NY to Bermuda next June. Please let me know how it was, what did you do in Bermuda, any help would be appreciated.

You went on an 8 day, then 7 day cruise and with Explorer next year would be sailing on only a 5 day cruise. Are you seeking a shorter cruise as the other cruises to Bermuda (NCL/Celebrity) are 7 days?

BonnieVoyager- Seems as if you have alot of knowledge as to the Explorer. We are sailing her for the 1st time, and also our 1st with Royal Caribbean. I was wondering what you thought of the comfort of the beds. I have read many posts that the mattresses really need to be replaced. We are staying in our 1st ever suite- and owners #1314. It will be our family christmas to our kids. I am a nurse and unfortunately have to work Christmas Eve and NY Day. Anyway- do you think they will opt to replace them during their upcoming drydock? I am anxious to hear from anyone who cruises after the drydock to hear what improvements they have made. What was your opinion of this ship-will our kids like is as much as disney. As you can see we have cruised with disney 4x and just loved each one. It was fabulous. But it gets old after awhile. Looking for something new and exciting. Our kids are 8 and 16. thanks for any input- oh and I just love your pictures!!

Glad to hear someone giving raves to Explorer. If the mattresses need changed I hope they do it this time around. We are going shortly after the clean up.I believe the second week after.We enjoyed Voyager so we should be fine on Explorer.

John

I get my best sleep aboard a ship! I had no complaints at all with my bed on Explorer or any other ship for that matter! They look like they would be terribly uncomfortable, sort of like cots rather than real beds, but don't judge this book by it's cover! ;) Those beds are comfortable in my opinion!

Regarding Disney versus Explorer...I've also done both and my pick as well as my Son's (10) is Explorer!!!! We loved Disney but Explorer still blew them away!

I get my best sleep aboard a ship! I had no complaints at all with my bed on Explorer or any other ship for that matter! They look like they would be terribly uncomfortable, sort of like cots rather than real beds, but don't judge this book by it's cover! ;) Those beds are comfortable in my opinion!

Regarding Disney versus Explorer...I've also done both and my pick as well as my Son's (10) is Explorer!!!! We loved Disney but Explorer still blew them away!

I agree with both of your points! The kids in my family and friends kids don't want anything to do with Disney after experiencing the Voyager class ships!

And I've never understood the bed "problem" some people have. True, they're not "normal" looking beds, but it's a SHIP, not a hotel! We've always found them to be extremely comfy and sleep better on them than anywhere else. :)

Archived