"Ladies Shoes for Dining During Norwegian Fjords Cruise"

I plan to wear them for evenings on my August Fjord cruise. Outside, in that part of the world, is a crapshoot any time of year, but the inside temps are kept fairly consistent.

When are you going? What ship?

I plan to wear them for evenings on my August Fjord cruise. Outside, in that part of the world, is a crapshoot any time of year, but the inside temps are kept fairly consistent.

When are you going? What ship?

Thank you! This will definitely help with my shoe decisions. We are leaving August 30th on the Celebrity Eclipse. This will be our first trip to Europe and our first cruise with Celebrity.

I wore sandals to dinner throughout my last cruise including the January TA portion. I never noticed much of a difference in temperature inside regardless of outside temps.

Thanks also! I was afraid my feet might get cold.

I'm leaving for the fjords in a few days and am debating the sandal question myself! So far, they're not in my suitcase. Once I've gotten all my layers in, I'll decide if there's room. I have a pair of flats that I'm taking for evenings, but sandals don't take up much room and would give me another option. :confused:

Looking at the temps for the next 10 days, it will be in the 60-70 range with rain likely for most of our itinerary. Sea days will be the coldest and we're going up to the Arctic Circle, where the highs will be about 40. Hmmm. What to do, what to do...:p

I know the ship is warm, but there is the possibility you may walk across the pool deck to get from one side of the ship to the other. If I'm not going to wear sandals on tour or on deck during the day, I don't think they would be appropriate to wear to dinner.

It may be summer here, but I would prefer to dress for the climate I will be in. We've been to the Fjords (and going to Iceland in July). I would rather use that weight allotment for something else. Thinking back, people didn't wear very summery clothes on the ship. We were just in France for unseasonably cold weather in Sept. I wore sandals in the DR, and I was cold. Somehow when it's cool outside, it just didn't work---for me. Do what you want. No one will notice or think anything.

Remember when planning shoes that you can be a long way from the DR and from the theaters etc. and then after sitting for 2-3 hours (show and dinner) uncomfortable shoes can be a REAL pain. Even for "dress-up" comfort and stability (the biggest waves I have ever sailed was in the North Sea just below the Artic Circle) are really necessary -- those ships are BIG!

As far as sandals -- it seems to me that people wear sandals almost year around. I doubt that people look at feet that much unless it is to wonder "how can she walk in those?":D

Guest maddycat
I'm leaving for the fjords in a few days and am debating the sandal question myself! So far, they're not in my suitcase. Once I've gotten all my layers in, I'll decide if there's room. I have a pair of flats that I'm taking for evenings, but sandals don't take up much room and would give me another option. :confused:

Looking at the temps for the next 10 days, it will be in the 60-70 range with rain likely for most of our itinerary. Sea days will be the coldest and we're going up to the Arctic Circle, where the highs will be about 40. Hmmm. What to do, what to do...:p

Forget the sandals. Bring a comfortable pair of waterproof walking shoes instead.

Guest maddycat
Remember when planning shoes that you can be a long way from the DR and from the theaters etc. and then after sitting for 2-3 hours (show and dinner) uncomfortable shoes can be a REAL pain. Even for "dress-up" comfort and stability (the biggest waves I have ever sailed was in the North Sea just below the Artic Circle) are really necessary -- those ships are BIG!

As far as sandals -- it seems to me that people wear sandals almost year around. I doubt that people look at feet that much unless it is to wonder "how can she walk in those?":D

Exactly.

I was mostly concerned about my feet getting too cold. I can only wear certain shoes and I have a pair of glitzy open shoes that I can wear with pants or a dress to dinner.

If you like the shoes and they are only for dinner, just do it. I guess I was picturing wearing them everyday. You won't be cold with the pants, but sandals/no hose with a dress----bring a sweater/wrap.