Aug. 9 - just plain naked

naked on the balcony

I went to the dry cleaners today to pick up all our cruise clothes for our Aug. 9 crossing on the QM2. As I get to the door, I see a sign that says "Closed, on vacation until August 15."

After humorously registering on this site under the screen name "naked on the balcony" it seems karma has deemed it necessary to play this cruel little joke on us. Anyway, I'll be the one at Todd English wearing a napkin...

Oh what a nightmare Naked on the Balcony!!!!! Are ALL your clothes at this cleaners???? So apart from being naked on the balcony you will be naked everywhere else!!!!! No seriously is there any way to get your clothes out of this dry cleaners??? Did they leave an emergency number to telephone???? If that were me right now I'd be devestated!!!!!

Elaine

Oh what a nightmare Naked on the Balcony!!!!! Are ALL your clothes at this cleaners???? So apart from being naked on the balcony you will be naked everywhere else!!!!! No seriously is there any way to get your clothes out of this dry cleaners??? Did they leave an emergency number to telephone???? If that were me right now I'd be devestated!!!!!

Elaine

After I read the note on their door I was speechless for about half an hour. Then I was furious, calling around town trying to get the owners home phone number. Now, I'm just trying to find the humor in this. We still have plenty of casual clothes, just our dressy clothes are at the cleaners. I suppose I can still pull out my tacky suits from the 80's in storage...perhaps my bar-mitzvah suit still fits; if not I think it might be possible to rent a tux on the ship, (gonna call Cunard and find out today).

Depends on where you live. Sounds like a smaller location .. most larger city dry cleaners would not close down for vacation.

If you live near a Nordstroms I can suggest that they tend to have most sizes of Tuxes in stock and can rush the tailoring. Prices may be a bit higher than Tux 'stores' but the quality is better.

Just have a t-shirt made up .. 'My Dry Cleaner Closed for Vacation' so the rest of us can locate you!

See ya soon!

John

Archived