Pride formal night questions

First question - who knows what nights are formal nights on the Pride from Baltimore?

Second question - I haven't been on Carnival in about 4-5 years, however I seem to recall that formal nights aren't as formal as they once were. We actually were excited about getting all dolled up in fancy clothes for dinner. However I'm kind of thinking we may be out of place. Does anyone still go all out for the formal nights? Long gown, suit or tux, etc?

THANKS!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! The first formal (or cruise elegant) night is on the first full sea day, which is Monday and the second is Friday. Not everyone chooses to dress up, but we still like to. My husband wears his tux or black suit and I wear a fancy pants suit or black pants with a dressy top. We generally get back into casual clothes after dinner & formal pics.

I have seen a lot of variety for dressing up, from evening dresses and tuxes, to hoochie dresses and t-shirts. It all depends on you :) One thing to note is that the first elegant evening is a bit more formal (at least in my experience), and the second one is a little more relaxed formal.

We just got back from a Carnival Breeze cruise and formal night was anything from a sundress or capris to evening gowns. I actually did wear a super elegant gown one night just for the fun of it! I wasn't out of place at all as there were a handful of others that were really dressed, as well. It's so much fun!

I was on the Pride in March.

Elegant night has become more dressed down over the years, but more people dressed for the evening on the Pride than any ship I have sailed on yet with Carnival. I wore my tux on both elegant nights as I always do, but I had much more company on the Pride than other cruises.

My thought is that many people fly to Florida to cruise and are tight on space. Most people sailing on the Pride drove there and have plenty of room to pack.

I was on the Pride in March.

Elegant night has become more dressed down over the years, but more people dressed for the evening on the Pride than any ship I have sailed on yet with Carnival. I wore my tux on both elegant nights as I always do, but I had much more company on the Pride than other cruises.

My thought is that many people fly to Florida to cruise and are tight on space. Most people sailing on the Pride drove there and have plenty of room to pack.

I was on the Pride a couple weeks ago and agree that more people dress up on her than any other ship I've been on. I just assumed it's because people in the DC-Baltimore metro area are used to dressing up for events.

Not only did we see a lot more people dressed up, but we saw a lot more tuxes and long gowns. So definitely dress up. :)