What photo host site do you use??

For people that do reviews on here.. what photo host sight do you use to store and upload photos.. i am currently using photo bucket but I am reaching my free "bandwidth" allowance.. I really dont want to have to pay to get more space..

help techies purdy please? :D

I'm curious too. I just got the same notice from Photobucket. I know on my phone I can use Dropbox or Snapfish but I'm not sure if those can also be used on computers to transfer. I'll have to check that out. In the meantime, any other ideas are appreciated.

Or...........I have 3 or 4 email addresses, can I sign up for Photobucket with a different one and start the bandwidth over again?

I will give my two cents since you asked. I use and "pay for" Smug Mug (about $60USD for the year). I tried photobucket and didn't like it. I am a recent convertee to the Mac world and I love the APERTURE app on my Mac. Smug Mug works perfectly with Aperture which allows you to upload your photos directly from Aperture into Galleries. There is no resizing required when you share here on CC you pick the size of photo when you are sharing from Smug Mug. I did my first Photo Trip Report in April and posted/shared almost 600 photos which created literally hundreds of thousands individual requests back to the Smug Mug Server. Shameless plug here if you would like to read/see my photos click the link in signature.

Our Trivia win on Valor hosted at Smug Mug

DSC06143-L.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

thanks kevin! i will check it out for sure.. 60 bucks isnt too bad for the year i dont think.. i just thought the pricing seemed kind of high for photobucket for the amount of storage you get..

i didnt realize that it was different than just uploading pics (which i have 12% used of my 10GB of free "storage")...

i am still new to the review writing world and i didnt want to up load all these pics and then it doesnt show up since i went over my limit.. ::smh::

I will give my two cents since you asked. I use and "pay for" Smug Mug (about $60USD for the year). I tried photobucket and didn't like it. I am a recent convertee to the Mac world and I love the APERTURE app on my Mac. Smug Mug works perfectly with Aperture which allows you to upload your photos directly from Aperture into Galleries. There is no resizing required when you share here on CC you pick the size of photo when you are sharing from Smug Mug. I did my first Photo Trip Report in April and posted/shared almost 600 photos which created literally hundreds of thousands individual requests back to the Smug Mug Server. Shameless plug here if you would like to read/see my photos click the link in signature.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I second SmugMug, also a Power User for $60 per year. The Basic account is $40 per year.

http://www.dodgerdigital.com/

I still maintain my old PBase site but for photo sharing and presentation I have been at Zenfolio for quite a while. I like the options for display and they allow me to override their address with my own domain. that way I can have http://galleries.pptphoto.com as an address instead of http://zenfolio.com/pierce324 - both will get you there, but it makes it more personal.

I upload full-sized images, so It doubles as an off-site backup for my shared images. I pay $100/yr for unlimited storage (70+gb so far) and the ability to sell images directly from the site if I so choose. They also support storage and display of RAW files.

Dave

Edited by pierces

There was a time when PhotoBucket used to have unlimited storage for pictures.

Last summer I got a notice that there would be a yearly charge and you could select one of several plans. I think the cheapest price was $29.95 but I don't remember what the bandwidth is.

I did open a second account under a different e-mail address.