Choose between Disney Dream or Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas?

Funtasticmom

My husband and I went on our first cruise last year with another couple. Now we want to plan a family cruise for next April (2015). Our children will be 4, 7, 11 and 12 by that time. We have looked at Disney Dream, but we feel our older children will not be entertained. They think all the costumes and shows will be directed more for the younger ones. On the other hand, we do not want our younger children to miss out on a magical experience only Disney can provide.

As a family of 6, we really want to book a suite, so we can be together. However on Disney, that could be quite expensive. Now we are looking at the Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the seas in a Royal Family Suite. The cost is comparable to two interior staterooms on the Dream.

Are the perks worth it on Royal Caribbean to book a suite over the Dream?

Is Disney so fabulous that it wouldn't matter if we were all together?

Would my older children enjoy all it has to offer or would they think it is "cheesy"?

Really torn here :confused:

You're right...no one entertains like Disney...even for the older kids! Disney KNOWS how to do it right! But, they are also MUCH more expensive! I'm pretty old, and I don't think Disney is "cheesy" at all!

The "suite perks" that have monetary value on RCI would be the Concierge lounge with the free drinks during dinner hours....the other "perks" are mainly convenience things, like reserved suite areas in the theatres, and perhaps, around the pool (although not all ships have that option). Priority check-in.....stuff like that.

You might consider 2 connecting cabins on RCI...that should really cut the costs, and still give you immediate access to the kids, plus, it would give you an extra bathroom...always a plus!

Enchantment of the Seas was meh. I don't remember one memorable thing about it.

4 and 7 are perfect ages for Disney and the older ones will certainly enjoy it. My son still loves Disney and he is 13. I'm honestly not a Disney person myself but you are and should do Disney. Two cabins will be better because the older kids will like to sleep in and the younger ones will be early birds. With connecting cabins you have two bathrooms and two televisions as well.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

Thanks CB at Sea and Rebecca. I think we are going to go with Disney and splurge a little. I haven't heard hardly anything bad about the Dream, except for the price. But in the end, you get what you pay for. I definitely want a memorable experience for my family. I really appreciate the honest replies.

If you do the Enchantment of the Seas, you will have a good time and a fun vacation. If you do the Disney cruise, you will have a vacation that you will always remember.

Both boats have activities for all ages, but the thing that I like about Disney is that they have more activities that you can do all together as a family. We have been on many Disney cruises to the point where my kids don't care for the shows or the characters, but they still love the cruises and prefer them over other cruise lines.