Food Allergy Question

Born4Travel

I am thinking of bringing my 7 year old nephew on a cruise. He will be gluten and egg free. Not life threatening, but a serious issue just the same.

How much variety is he likely to have? He really only like typical kid food. Pasta, hot dogs, bagels etc.

Thanks in advance.

DCL is EXCELLENT with allergies. I know that they have gluten free free rolls, pasta, muffins, donuts, pizza, chicken tenders, pancakes, waffles, etc. I do not know if the above items are also egg free, however.

What they will have you do is preorder your nephew's meal the night before. You can also preorder breakfast and lunch, but you don't have to (except for lunch on CC). I highly recommend going to the MDRs for breakfast and lunch over Cabanas. It's easier to deal with allergies there than at a buffet.

I have a few food allergies. I told my waiter on the first night and from then on he made very sure every night my food was safe for me. He would even let me see the next nights menu so I could order ahead and make sure I didnt have anything I am allergic too.

They were awesome about it!! They also didnt act like it was a hassle at all!

The last thing I wanted was to have a hives outbreak or bust out my epi pen on my honeymoon! They really put my mind at ease. I am sure they will take great care of your nephew as well. :cool:

I have a few food allergies. I told my waiter on the first night and from then on he made very sure every night my food was safe for me. He would even let me see the next nights menu so I could order ahead and make sure I didnt have anything I am allergic too.

They were awesome about it!! They also didnt act like it was a hassle at all!

The last thing I wanted was to have a hives outbreak or bust out my epi pen on my honeymoon! They really put my mind at ease. I am sure they will take great care of your nephew as well. :cool:

I had the same experience back in March. I pre-ordered my meals the night before and everynight I was given a surpise dessert that was gluten free. They were very nice and it never seemed to be an issue :)