Question About Cabins on Deck 9

Calomax

We've booked Escape to the Med for next May :D and I'm now looking to book an outside cabin on deck 9. On the deck plan it looks as though some of them are between the lifeboats although I understand that you can see over the boats except where the tenders are. On my other thread, ecko said that 9048 is one. Does anyone know how the cabin layouts differ between the port and starboard sides? On the deck plan the port cabins seem to be short and square while on the starboard side they are long and narrow. We quite fancy trying for number 9542 as it appears to be almost in front of a lifeboat. Does anyone know what it is like please?

Don't be deceived by the deck plan. What looks like gaps in the lifeboats are in fact filled by the ironwork and hoists that hold the lifeboats. Have you tried YouTube videos, there are some of the cabins on IE but I think they are lower down the ship. It's just pot luck I think, the one we had first time with no view was a better cabin with a fridge but this last time the cabin had more light and a better view but was smaller. You should probably just pick one and expect the worst then anything better will be a bonus. Actually, starboard is probably your best bet as the ship goes up the coast of Italy and France then Spain so there is more to look at en-route.:):)

Jan

Edited by ekco

Thank you ecko, in the end we booked 9542 because it is at the end of a row so we'll only have neighbours one side and it looks bigger although it's probably because the plan isn't to scale.

We aren't likely to stay in during the day so we aren't bothered being able to see the view as long as we have reasonable daylight.

Thank you ecko, in the end we booked 9542 because it is at the end of a row so we'll only have neighbours one side and it looks bigger although it's probably because the plan isn't to scale.

We aren't likely to stay in during the day so we aren't bothered being able to see the view as long as we have reasonable daylight.

Glad to hear you got sorted, you get sick of thinking about it don't you? Now you can forget it and start planning your days out.:):)

Jan