3-4 or 7 day?

Sea-hawk

Some background first. We love Disney. We love cruising. We are both in our 40's and after one experiance on NCL some years back, we have drifted to the smaller ships and love them. Our favorite is Seabourn because of the size, ships, service and ports all over the world.

Sometime this year we plan on taking 2 of our best friends, a married couple in their early 30's and their 4 year old son on a Disney Cruise. They have never cruised before, but they too love Disney. We (I) am very excited about doing the Disney Cruise, despite it being a large ship, but we need some advice as to what length to do. We have been in every port that they offer, so the ports really won't influence our choice.

I feel 7 days would be fine, and can always find things to do, even if I never leave the ship, but my partner feels 4 days would be better for a 4 year old.

Any feedback will be welcomed.

I think Disney would do a great job of keeping a 4 year old happy for the full 7 days. The 3 and 4 day are nice but leave everyone longing for more! I personally know that after 3 days you leave the ship with a huge mental list of all of the things you DIDN'T do. So I would encourage 7.

By the way, would you like an additional set of "best friends" to take cruising with you? :D DH and I will even carry your luggage!!

Enjoy your trip, whatever you chose.

Cheryl

Go for the 7 day!!!! Definately the 7 day.

We have gone with kids and grandkids from 18 months to 14 years of age and we did the 7. They never wanted to come out of the kids clubs, even at midnight or 1:00 a.m. when they closed. These kids are usually asleep by 9 at the latest, but were having so much fun they never realized how late it was. The do have sleep matts for the younger one to fall asleep on if necessary and they usually have pajama parties with movies in the late evening so they can fall asleep if they want while the parents are still out having fun. Parents are given a pager so they can be contacted if they are needed, so no worries for the parent. They can even sign in at the kids club and stay with their child until the child is comfortable with his new environment if they arn't sure of his reaction to a new place. Of course the Mickey pool is always busy with the kids too. Bring plenty of sun block as the pools are in the direct sun. Be sure and have them do the kite building with their child, then he can decorate it and they can help him fly it on Castaway Cay. That is a new and awesome experience for little ones to do. They are so proud of their kites and then to actually fly them. I've sat and watched families do this, it's great. Also the Mickey 200 race is fun for families. Mom or dad will build the potato racer and let the chile put it on the race track and race it. Mr. Toads race inthe atrium is another family activity for the little ones. A 4 year old may be able to do it without help, but parents can help. Nobody can do everything, there is too much to choose from, but it is sure fun to try. Most kids dont want to leave, I just read about a 4 year old that locked himself in the bathroom on the last morning and maintenance had to get him out because he didn't want to leave. I wonder how many kids maintenance has had to rescue onthe last morning???? Hope you all have a magical cruise!!! Blowing lots of pixie dust your way.

mom 4,grandma x4

7 all the way... Unless the 4 year old will not leave parents side! My DD is not necessarily outgoing but she always loved the club. You pick up a navigator for the correct age bracket and then I always let my DD highlight what activities she wanted to participate in. Sometimes she would be ready to go, sometimes she wanted to stay for something she hadn't picked. As she got older, she wanted to stay until closing! This will also give the parents some alone time they probably haven't experienced in about 4 years!

When you compare the pricing the 4 and 7 is not that much different. I have been on two 3 day DCL's and one 7 day DCL. If I could I would cruise the longest one offered however due to my and DH's schedule we can not always do that. If timing and schedules are not a problem I would go with the 7 day cruise. If you feel that is too long go with the 4 day cruise. On the 4 day you can at least have a sea day to take in the ship.

Look at this website for the navigator info and you can see what all is offered. This might help you make a more informed decision.

castawayclub dot com

Archived