Balconies behind bridge

jdyer09

We booked a last minute for 6/8 on the Legend. To get two side by side balcony cabins for the four of us we had to take the ones that are first behind the bridge, starboard side. Does anyone have any experience being located here? Thoughts, good and bad!

We've cruised before in balconies but it's usually lido forward, just not so far forward. These are panorama deck.

Thanks so much!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Being that close to the wing part of the Bridge I would just be careful of what I am (or am not) wearing :eek: if I step out onto my balcony.

We were about five balconies from the wing of the Bridge on last B2B and every morning when my sister or I would walk out with our morning cup of coffee to view the sunrise one the officers would be there to wave good morning to us.

We had cabins 7225 and 7231 on the Empress Deck. 7225 is the 6th from the front, and 7231 the 7th. Pretty far foward. The bridge wing is viewable from our balcony (and vice versa). Captain waved to us a couple of times when bringing the ship into port. But did not feel any extra motion and the walk to the lido food and dining rooms did us good.

On the Breeze my sister had a balcony room under the bridge, which she said never again. You can't have your curtains open at night if your lights are on inside. Also no balcony light is allowed at night.

A few restrictions that were imposed to her, which she was ok with, but will now go with picking her room in the future, rather than the GTY.

On the Breeze my sister had a balcony room under the bridge, which she said never again. You can't have your curtains open at night if your lights are on inside. Also no balcony light is allowed at night.

A few restrictions that were imposed to her, which she was ok with, but will now go with picking her room in the future, rather than the GTY.

I never cruised on the Breeze so I'm interested to know this, does the Breeze have balconies at the very front of the ship? To me it would be too windy to enjoy while the ship is in motion.

Edited by lady_cruiser

I never cruised on the Breeze so I'm interested to know this, does the Breeze have balconies at the very front of the ship? To me it would be too windy to enjoy while the ship is in motion.

Yes, it was extremely windy and she had room 7210 which was the first balcony room from the picture walkway balcony. Every time anyone came through the door, the wind would slam the deck door against their head board. They complained about the wind, no lights, and the slamming door and they got an OBC that she seemed happy with. I'd say avoid any of the front balconies on Breeze. We could literally feel every swell bashing on the bow in her mattress like a vibrating bed every 30 seconds or so. We may have had a strong swell, but it kept them up at night. Better to go mid ship and avoid the forward balcony rooms.

Yes, it was extremely windy and she had room 7210 which was the first balcony room from the picture walkway balcony. Every time anyone came through the door, the wind would slam the deck door against their head board. They complained about the wind, no lights, and the slamming door and they got an OBC that she seemed happy with. I'd say avoid any of the front balconies on Breeze. We could literally feel every swell bashing on the bow in her mattress like a vibrating bed every 30 seconds or so. We may have had a strong swell, but it kept them up at night. Better to go mid ship and avoid the forward balcony rooms.

Thanks. I think I'll stay mid or AFT.