Bermuda in my Brain

PinkSandy

HELP! I love this area on the web where folks can talk about Bermuda. We recently got back from Bermuda and I need help!!! All I can think about is "when can we get back there!" Please keep posting your questions...Swizzle v2.0and smeyer418 seem to know so much! I have Bermuda on my brain and I can't seem to shake it!!!! Swizzle you are so darn lucky to live there!!!! Anyway, for me Bermuda will be that much better on my next visit...now I know what to do next time avoid..the mopeds (for me that is) book a cruise instead of renting, flying, etc. So, my question is...well, I don't really have one. Just know all future travelers that you will probally never again see such wonderful beaches in the whole wide world. Enjoy every minute no matter what you do. Before you know it , you are back at home wishing you could be in lovely Bermuda!! And you're typing on your damn computer wishing so much just to smell the air. Arggghhh...can't wait to visit again!!!!!!

my husband and i did celebrity zenith to bermuda for our 25th anniversary. my brother stayed in bermuda years ago and said it costs as much to eat 3 meals a day in bermuda as it does to pay for a night in a hotel. my question is this, if we stayed in a hotel which one would you recommend? if we did a cruise again which one would you recommend? we live in maryland.

If you are going to book at a hotel, I have heard that Elbow Beach is a good place to start. What I did for my husband's 50th birthday (which turned out great!) was I booked a rental from a local Bermudian. I did this through a web-site...Bermudarentals.com. Fiona was most helpful. The apartment we had was attached to a beautiful home in Southhampton. (Overlooking water everywhere with a nice view of Gibbs Hill lighthouse) And unbeknowst to us, the owner of the home was ( is) a Supreme Court Justice. And we were there during the 100th anniv. of the Bermuda Supreme Court....so, at her lovely home came the Governor of Bermuda, the Queen's counselor, all these important people. Very nice event even though we weren't invited!!! Ha Ha. She just wanted to make sure we didn't have our beach towells hanging about!! Food is expensive so I packed a decent sized cooler equipped with wheels, with dinners that I froze. You can check a cooler as part of your luggage. Also, a suitcase for dry food items. You can't bring in any fresh fruit or veggies, though frozen is okay. If you go this route to visit Bermuda be prepared to spend a decent amount on the plane ticket. If I had to do it again, I would have booked my flight closer to the date of arrival...could have gotten a direct flight out of Phillie for $488.00 round trip. Best of luck to you!

Also, the best part of doing it this way is you had basically a whole place to yourself. It was like a home away from home with lots of living space, nice yard to BBQ in, etc. Very private if you like that kind of thing. Also included a pool!

my husband and i did celebrity zenith to bermuda for our 25th anniversary. my brother stayed in bermuda years ago and said it costs as much to eat 3 meals a day in bermuda as it does to pay for a night in a hotel. my question is this, if we stayed in a hotel which one would you recommend? if we did a cruise again which one would you recommend? we live in maryland.

Actually a night in a hotel is usually more than the cost of meals, in the summer most hotels go for $400-500 a night.

For hotel recommendations it really depends on what you're planning to do. If you're a beach bunny a hotel on the South Shore would be to your liking, someone planning to travel around and sightsee might want something more central, there are also hotels that would be nice for a quiet "get-away-from-it-all" vacation. For the budget traveller you could search online for a B&B or the website PinkSandy suggested.

Archived