UK cruiser booked with US TA, pricedrops?

Hi all

I have booked a Grand Suite on Explorer of the Seas from Southampton next September through a US travel agent (I'm from the UK). Could someone advise me about price drops: Do I have to request the price drop? Is the amount taken off the cruise price or do you get OBC? What would be the minimum amount the price would have to drop before you would get in touch with the TA.

Thanks

You would have to contact your TA for a price drop. Anytime it drops before final payment you can request it. Prior to final payment its usually done as a refund but if its a small amount you may be able to have it applied as OBC.

After final payment, if a price drop occurs they will not do a price adjustment but you might be able to upgrade your cabin for nothing or a small price if higher categories have also dropped.

I can only tell you of my experience, but what I did was constantly checked the price of the cruise I'd chosen on their web site. Ours dropped almost £400.00 and when I saw that I immediately emailed our TA and asked about applying the drop- which they did straight away. This was taken off the cruise price and a new invoice with the price adjustment was sent. I had the feeling though it's up to you to keep an eye on the pricing and to get in touch for it to be applied. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just out of interest how do you go about finding a good TA in America when you live in the UK. I would really appreciate some guidance :)

Hi Hairymelon I contacted people on here who offered to share information about US TA, I don't know if the TA are any good but I did do some research and it's like everything sometimes you have to take a chance. Hopefully it all goes well. I don't know if you can private message here, if you can get in touch and I will let you know who I used.

I recently did my first booking with a US TA then noticed a few weeks later that our cabin was the same price but now had the offer of OBC.

I e-mailed my agent & heard nothing. E-mailed a few days later just asking him to confirm he got my first e-mail, heard nothing. E-mailed his manager asking if he could respond instead, heard nothing. I phoned last night to see if he got my e-mails & he said he did. I asked about the OBC & he said it was for new bookings only. I told him surely I could just cancel & rebook. Eventually he agreed to look into it.

Hope you get a better service than I'm getting. I usually like to book direct, then I own the booking, but like others in the UK have been tempted by the US prices & terms. Think I'll book my next cruise with someone else.

I recently did my first booking with a US TA then noticed a few weeks later that our cabin was the same price but now had the offer of OBC.

I e-mailed my agent & heard nothing. E-mailed a few days later just asking him to confirm he got my first e-mail, heard nothing. E-mailed his manager asking if he could respond instead, heard nothing. I phoned last night to see if he got my e-mails & he said he did. I asked about the OBC & he said it was for new bookings only. I told him surely I could just cancel & rebook. Eventually he agreed to look into it.

Hope you get a better service than I'm getting. I usually like to book direct, then I own the booking, but like others in the UK have been tempted by the US prices & terms. Think I'll book my next cruise with someone else.

If you are still outside final payment you can just cancel , get a refund, and find an agent who will be available when you need them...

Edited by emdia43

If you are still outside final payment you can just cancel , get a refund, and find an agent who will be available when you need them...

Thanks, I am a long way off final payment.

Here's the problem though. When I booked, there was no OBC credit offered. I saw OBC was now being offered & emailed my agent straight away. It was still available for all the days he was ignoring me, but now it's not available anymore.

I just rang the cruise line directly who confirmed that there is no OBC with my booking & I have missed that deal. Where do I stand now? My agent ignoring me has cost me $100!

Just a reminder for future reference. We are not allowed to hint at the name of our travel agents as well as ask for the information to be sent via email. This is a violation of the Community Guidelines and can result in the suspension of your posting privileges.

The Community Guidelines can be viewed at the link below. Special attention should be paid to the section titled "Travel Agent Recommendations". Thanks for your future cooperation.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

Edited by Host Kewlguy