Help!!!! Past guest #!

LeftatGator

DW and I cruised on the conquest dec. 10th. I'm trying to find past guest "deals" on their website, but it won't let me. They say I need a past guest number. So I've emailed Carnival several times asking how to go about getting one.

I wrote: "How do I go about getting a past guest number?"

Carnival replied:

Thank you for your e-mail. In response to your query, Carnival only started issuing past guest numbers in 1994; guests who sailed with us prior to that date would not show up in our database. We will be happy to enter you into the system manually and issue your past guest number but we will need to verify your past sailing with Carnival Cruise Lines.

Please provide one of the following:

• Payment receipt (credit card statement; invoice; confirmation)
  • Boarding pass
  • Cruise documents
  • Sail and Sign card with your name
  • Sail and Sign statement

If you are unable to locate any of the above documentation; you will be issued a past guest number automatically upon return of your next Carnival cruise. If there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you for choosing Carnival Cruise Lines and we look forward to welcoming you back aboard another one of our "Fun Ships" soon.

Cordially,

Carnival Cruise Lines

Huh??? I never said anything about 1994! I would assume that they would have my info in their database since I just cruised several months ago. I wrote them back, but no response. Does this kind of response make sense???

Does being a past guest offer any advantages?

Is persuing this worth my time?

Jim

Did you happen to book your previous cruise or this one directly with Carnival? I just called my PVP and got my guest number. And you're right....it's not printed anywhere. Not on your S&S card, not on the website when you log in.

I'd try calling and talking to a real person. Worked for me.

Go to the Carnival website and then go to "My Profile" (top right side of the page). When you register and use the e-mail address Carnival has on file for you (from your last cruise) you'll be able to sign in (they will e-mail you a password). At that point is where my past guest# showed up, and then you can click on "View Cruise History" and see if your other cruise is listed.

One of my cruises wasn't listed so I clicked on "Add/Update Cruise History Information". I had my old S&S card so I just listed the ship, sail date, cabin#, and folio#. About 10-14 days later they e-mailed back and said they added it to my history, but it actually took a few more days before it actually showed up.

The advantage is you will get a gold S&S card on your next cruise and be invited to the past guest party (free drinks). Aside from that and a Carnival pin there aren't a lot of bennies involved.

John

John, thanks for the help. But, it's not there. I mean, under my profile, there's no "View History." And, no place to add/update.

Any other suggestions?.......

I'd try to call Carnival direct as LRene suggested. They should be able to figure out what's going on. The more info you have the better the odds of them being able to help (cruise sail date, ship, room#, etc.).

John

When I called Carnival to book our upcoming cruise. I asked the PVP what my past guest # was as we sailed last July on the Sensation.(I didn't book that cruise through Carnival, booked with a TA) He looked it up by my name and the ships name and dates of our past cruise. That was all. I'm sure someone could help you on the phone. :)

I have two (2) yes, 2 past guest numbers... one when I was single and the other with I married.

Now, here's my dilema (sp) that Carnival can't seem to straighten out. When I was single, I cruised on the Carnivale 11/1/1986 which is the only sail date Carnival can get on my profile. When I put in my current guest # it brings up the Carnivale cruise which I sailed when I was single and under a different guest #. When I put in my old guest #, it comes up blank!!! Since I've been married I have sailed 11 times and Carnival can't update my profile to combine the two!!

I have called 2xs already and was told that all 12 of my cruises are in the Carnival database but noone knows how to get them combined into "My Profile". I know its a trivial thing, but I really want to see all 12 of my cruises when I click onto "My Profile". Especially because I'm cruising again in 3 weeks and want the "Special" Card!!!

But if you call Customer Service they can definitely get your past guest # and for all of those who have cruised since at least 11/86, it should be in Carnival's database.

Also, as an afterthought, if you're receiving the Currents Magazine, I believe your past guest number should/might be on the address label.

Elaine :)

Jim - Your past guest number is the booking number from your last cruise. Don't you have that number somewhere? And yes, when you receive the next copy of "Currents", your number will be printed above your name.

You won't have a permanent past guest number. Every cruise, my number changes to relfect the booking number of my last cruise. Hope that makes sense.:)

I just called Carnival and they gave me my number right over the phone (took just seconds). They ask for your name and then verify address and D.O.B.

I then tried to enter the # on Carnival's website and it states: "Sorry, we were unable to find your past guest number" ...any suggestions??

It had been awhile since we had cruised carnival and I just had my TA get the #'s from carnival. Our #'s have never changed. Once you get a past guest # it stays the same. I also had misplaced them again, and called Carnival directly and they gave them to me. I now make sure they are recorded and store them with all my other past guest #s, passport etc. It would be nice if carnival gave out the plastic past guest cards like other lines do.

jackpine ---- I had the exact same thing happen ---- would like to know why and what I can do about it.

LisaMc0719 - I called Carnival's Internet Help Line and they told me that my past guest # was on file and that they had it attached to my history but that they could not figure out why it would not go through the posting in my profile. They said "not to worry about it" . I guess the "help line" is not much "HELP".

I just called Carnival and they gave me my number right over the phone (took just seconds). They ask for your name and then verify address and D.O.B.

I then tried to enter the # on Carnival's website and it states: "Sorry, we were unable to find your past guest number" ...any suggestions??

When this happened to me I just kept reentering it over and over until another box opens that lets you contact them. I told them what was happening and my profile was updated within hours.

Archived