Pont-Aven (Concarneau), La Rochelle, Bordeaux

JVNYC

Good day everyone. I am considering an Oceania cruise next year Sept 2-14 from Amsterdam to Barcelona with stops in these 3 ports. I've never sailed this part of Europe and in the Bay of Biscay.

Has anyone sailed this part of Europe in September? What has your experience been with the weather? Any rain? I've heard the seas can be rough.

My feeling is that if there is a great risk of missing ports b/c of seas and weather, I'd rather not spend all that money on this itinerary.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Good day everyone. I am considering an Oceania cruise next year Sept 2-14 from Amsterdam to Barcelona with stops in these 3 ports. I've never sailed this part of Europe and in the Bay of Biscay.

Has anyone sailed this part of Europe in September? What has your experience been with the weather? Any rain? I've heard the seas can be rough.

My feeling is that if there is a great risk of missing ports b/c of seas and weather, I'd rather not spend all that money on this itinerary.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

I have cruised in the Bay of Biscay several times from mid May to early Sept. on small cruiseline.Can the Bay be rough...yes..unpredicable,but never enough to keep me from going again is all I can say.Only once did we hit a rogue wave and other than the sadness of the liquor being broke at the bar and some stemwaer it was not that bad.I don't really know what to tell you otheer than I would not pass up on a cruise in this area at this time of year.

We were on the Seabourn Pride( 10,000 tons/ 200PAX) two years ago May Lisbon to Dover and did run into some bad weather in the Bay of Biscay. We missed the tide going into Bordeaux and arrived at 10PM instead of 10AM. We had Bayonne as a substitute for St Jean-de-la-Luz. However, the weather for the rest of the trip was wonderful -- Cobh not a cloud in the Sky, Guernsey warm and sunny, and Belle-Isle also sunny and almost hot.We loved the trip and are doing a similar itinerary on the Seabourn Legend(same size as the Pride) this September -- London to Monte Carlo.No matter where you go you can have bad weather and miss a port. Yes, the Bay of Biscay is notorious for rough seas but I can't wait to go back to Bordeaux so we are willing to risk it.