Help - Underwater Disposable Cameras - Where?

bh2359

I searched for underwater cameras and found a lot of mentions but not which chains carry them. Can anyone help?

We've been to Grand Cayman three times and have yet to have proper weather so to meet the stingrays. We're trying again on the Zuiderdam at the end of September.

So, if you know of a major chain store that carries these under $10.00 underwater single use cameras, please let me know. Thanks.

My sister purchased disposable underwater camera's for my nieces and nephews for our last family cruise. They purchased them at our local drug stores (CVS and Brooks) and also saw them at Target. Hope this helps.

My sister purchased disposable underwater camera's for my nieces and nephews for our last family cruise. They purchased them at our local drug stores (CVS and Brooks) and also saw them at Target. Hope this helps.

Target here as well, in the electronics department with the rest of the film.

I searched for underwater cameras and found a lot of mentions but not which chains carry them. Can anyone help?

We've been to Grand Cayman three times and have yet to have proper weather so to meet the stingrays. We're trying again on the Zuiderdam at the end of September.

So, if you know of a major chain store that carries these under $10.00 underwater single use cameras, please let me know. Thanks.

Just a word of caution. These disposables work really well as long as you have bright sunlight overhead and you don't dive more than a few feet down. It's all about the color. As the water gets deeper color decreases. On a cloudy day you can start to loose color just below th surface. So if you have a choice, get the fastest film speed you can!

Good luck!

Just a word of caution. These disposables work really well as long as you have bright sunlight overhead and you don't dive more than a few feet down. It's all about the color. As the water gets deeper color decreases. On a cloudy day you can start to loose color just below th surface. So if you have a choice, get the fastest film speed you can!

Good luck!

Even though I didn't post the question, I also appreciate your advice here. I didn't realize you could get disposable underwater cameras with different speed film. What speed works best and where can I get them ?

Thanks in advance!

We've gotten them at Safeway grocery store and Target. Have seen them at Walgreen's, too. Once I started looking, I saw them in a lot of places that I never expected. (I figure you may have Safeway in Lubbock). Have great trip!

Best advice : Once you get them, take all the pictures on the cruise and have the ship develop them, they will come out the best. We brought several home and developed them, the developers ruined them because they kept making the water green because they dont have a clue what the water really looks like in the caribbean ! :) The ones we had done on the ship were perfect!

We've used ones purchased at Wal-Mart, and I agree that the weather conditions can impact your picture quality. Last year in Grand Cayman the video guy showed us one that had a flip up view finder and a flash, which he said makes a big difference. Of course those are about $25.00 compared to the $8.00 we paid for the others.

We found the more expensive ones at a local dive shop, and plan to try them next trip. If you have a dive shop locally, you may want to ask for their advice.

Archived