Baseball on Board

Hey Sox fans and fans of other teams. Both times we have cruised during the baseball playoffs. More specifically both time our Red Sox were in the ALCS. It looks like the same may happen this October when we cruise the Explorer of the Seas.

In New England baseball is like a religion. On our Mariner cruise, I noticed that Red Sox shirts and hats far outnumbered all other teams combined. I was wondering if you baseball fans follow your teams while cruising. I know the Sox fans did by the amount cheering and crying going on during the ALCS. Also the sports bars got very loud during the games.

Hey Sox fans and fans of other teams. Both times we have cruised during the baseball playoffs. More specifically both time our Red Sox were in the ALCS. It looks like the same may happen this October when we cruise the Explorer of the Seas.

In New England baseball is like a religion. On our Mariner cruise, I noticed that Red Sox shirts and hats far outnumbered all other teams combined. I was wondering if you baseball fans follow your teams while cruising. I know the Sox fans did by the amount cheering and crying going on during the ALCS. Also the sports bars got very loud during the games.

I am more of a football fan (Ravens) than a baseball fan, but when I go on vacation I forget about everything and just enjoy myself. I may check the score in the morning ship's paper but other than that I just try to forget everything else.

Hubby and I are A's season ticket holders, we take our laptop and subscribe to MLB gameday. West Coast night games start at 10-11pm so we listen to the last 1/2 of the game while being rocked to sleep....ah life is good :D .

We were on the Serenade last Oct during the world series...... We had a great time in the Pit Stop bar. We were able to see all of the games, the Captain was great getting that for us. If was a lot of fun for us, being Sox fans and other Pax who were Yankees and Cardinals, etc. Good natured fun..

DH and I set on the Jewel repositioning cruise that left Boston the morning after we clinched the World Series, and there were TONS of fans on Board. Lots of fun.

You could also feel the NE fan loyalty as we watched the Pats break their winning streak with the Halloween loss.

We were on the Seranade last October for a panama canal cruise. Something went wrong with the ship satellite and we could not receive Game 6 of the ALCS. You would have thought the ship was sinking with all the uproar and constant questions about getting it fixed. My hubby spent quite a bit of time on-line "watching" the game. Luckily the feed was okay for Game 7. I was amazed at the number of people watching in the sports bar. Quite a good time was had by all...well all but the Yankee fans :D

8 in a row and five up on the yanks. Not bad considering no Manny today. Just wish we could get NESN or WEEI Red Sox radio network on board. My only thoughts of home are the Sox playoff games during the cruise.

Archived