Best Hotel?

Ocean_Waves

Can anyone give me tips on what the best hotel would be to stay at the night before departure? We are sailing on the Jewel of the Seas in December.

By best, I mean the cleanest, closest to the pier and restaurants and secure.

Thanks!

I havent stayed at one yet. My Cruise is not until May 2015 out of San Juan and I am going to book the HAmpton inn on 6530 Isla Verde Avenue, as per Trip advisor the reviews look good. So take it what its worth. Supposly there is a Walgreens and a Dennys across the street too

Can anyone give me tips on what the best hotel would be to stay at the night before departure? We are sailing on the Jewel of the Seas in December.

By best, I mean the cleanest, closest to the pier and restaurants and secure.

Thanks!

So, we cruised out of PR last February on Carnival. I think your ship will leave from the Pan-AM pier and not from Old San Juan pier.

We stayed in the Miramar section at the Hotel Miramar. It was clean and comfortable. There are ±7 restaurants one block away (from tacos, pizza and Subway to upscale). There is also a grocery store. It is fairly close to the Pan-AM pier.

Part of our decision was based upon the fact that sailing on Carnival and having a departure time of 10:00 pm the next day, left us knowing that we would have adequate time to explore OSJ after processing on to the Valor.

I attached the form you get at the airport for taxi fee's, just in case you are interested.

SJPR Taxi Rates.pdf

We haven't stayed there in San Juan yet (our cruise isn't until January), but we're planning on staying at the Condado Plaza Hilton. It has restaurants, pools, and a private beach. It is pricey, about $250/night plus a resort fee, but we got a great discount because my fiancee is a government employee. Good luck finding something!