Does NCL have kiosk for managing onboard spending?

Mr G RAY

Adding cash to your on-board account? Is that what you are asking? The answer is no. But you can use the NCL I concierge app or your tv in your room if you are asking about just checking your account charges daily.

Actually the answer is Yes you can add cash to your onboard account.

Just go to the front desk.

The older ships do not have account info on tv's in room but you can get an up to date printout anytime. Just ask at the front desk.

NCL will take your credit card info when you check in at the port - do NOT use your debit card, it will tie up your checking account. During your cruise if they have the capability on the TV, you can monitor your account anytime you want. Also anytime you want, you can go to guest relations and they will print out your account balance. I always check our balance halfway through the cruise and the morning of the last day (usually no lines). At the end of the cruise they will put a paper copy of your spending at your front door just like a hotel does.

Happy cruising!

My answer was no in response to the question off whether NCL has a "kiosk" where you can self-add money to your account. So, my answer is correct. Of course you can manage your account/add money by standing in line at Guest Services but I don't think that was the question.

• 3 weeks later...

Does the cash have to be dollars? I want to pay off part of my account with pound notes and one if the travellers rang NCL & were told only dollars notes accepted. I sailed on Jade 2 years ago and paid off in Pounds, & euros. Has it changed ?i

OK, I guess I need to better understand the on board account. Why would I add money to it? Isn't it like a hotel room that I charge everything on the ship to, then they put it on the credit card I had provided in the beginning? Do I have to estimate what I'll charge to the account up front? That would sure put a damper on the excitement of vacation.

OK, I guess I need to better understand the on board account. Why would I add money to it? Isn't it like a hotel room that I charge everything on the ship to, then they put it on the credit card I had provided in the beginning? Do I have to estimate what I'll charge to the account up front? That would sure put a damper on the excitement of vacation.

Some people do not use credit cards.