Guest don't want to provide DL number!!!!!

Hi everyone!

I just have to vent! One of my guest don't want to provide a DL number. The person thinks it is horrible thing!

What should I do? I called Carnival, they say it is not their choice, it is a mandatory by homeland security....for our own safety of course!

This pops up from time to time. Do they understand that they will be unable to attend your wedding if the information is not provided? They will not be allowed past the front door of the terminal. It is required by CBP and there really is no "alternative" other for them to book themselves on the cruise or provide a passport number.

Is it possible for them to call your coordinator and supply them with the information after you submit your guest list? For some people, it's a concern of the information being mishandled (although, I don't know what you'd do with a DL #).

Thank your guest for wanting to come to the wedding and apologize and say due to "Home Land Security" requirements he will be unable to board the ship..... He will be missed, should he have a change of heart he needs to provide that info to xxx no later than (24 hr before it is actually needed) a "certain date".

Don't stress, in order to board an airplane you have to provide valid photo ID and the same applies to boarding a cruise ship!

Let this guest go, unless of course this guest is the Groom... :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The guest is a "very good friend" believe or not! She will end up providing, but all the complain...drives me crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If she is that good of a friend then just tell her you can't deal with the drama and you love her but she needs to knock it off....leave it be and if she does not get back to you by the deadline, move on.... Don't ask her again, enjoy your wedding!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This is precisely why my RSVPs included a lovely little note about homeland security being our bouncers and a place on the RSVP to say they weren't coming because they don't want to supply their info for fear their real identity will be discovered. I decided to joke about it and let it go. I am simply refusing to deal with complaints and such. This is my wedding, not theirs. As long as my fiance and I show up it will happen with or without them.

For mine, we immediately tried to play it down with humor, hoping it would make the requirement seem less scary (I'm not sure that's the bet word). Our invites said that we are so important and awesome that our "wedding bouncers" (AKA Homeland Security/Customs) need to have some additional info for all guests before they can include them on our VIP guest list. And anybody that doesn't provide the full info (by my due date) will not be allowed to board the ship to attend wedding or reception (absolutely no exceptions). We did explain further that the reasoning is because we board the ship after it has been cleared by Customs, and since it does travel internationally, there are some additional requirements to deal with. After 9/11, people are generally more understanding about added security for vessels that go into and out of the country.

We also pointed out that it isn't anything more than they are required to provide to TSA when they board an airplane (which most are doing to get to the wedding) and the boarding process is pretty much the same. I think that's the part that calmed people the most, because they usually don't hesitate to provide it to fly, so why should it be an issue to provide it when boarding a ship.

Surprisingly (and thankfully), everyone was understanding and we didn't have anyone really complain about providing the info. We had one person initially question it, but they thought we were asking for social security numbers also, which I could understand being concerned about. Once we clarified that it was just DL number, they were fine with it. And we only had a couple people that we had to drag the info out of.

But, try to just explain the reasoning to her and that its not any different than flying, and hopefully she'll provide it. If not, just tell her that it is a requirement that cannot be changed and no exceptions are allowed, so if she chooses to not provide the info, you will definitely miss her at the wedding, but respect her choice. And if she has this big of an issue already, you may want to warn her in advance that they will hold onto her DL or PP while she is on board for the wedding. That's how they ensure that everyone gets off the ship. But, hopefully she gets more understanding.