North Cape, Norway

This is going to sound really silly, but please humor me!

I told my friend's little boy that Santa has to go to Norway to mail letters and that's why he's never gotten a response from our favorite wintertime icon. I think he'd really get a kick out of getting a postcard from "Santa" from North Cape.

If I were going, I'd absolutely send it. I'm not, though, but one of my favorite friends is going, with her husband, on a cruise that stops in North Cape. I know there's supposed to be a small tourist shop up there that sells (rather pricey) stamps for people to send letters from "the top of the world."

I'd like to ask my friend to drop it in the mail for me when she's there, but I think they might only have an hour up there before the bus takes them back to the pier. Does anyone know how inconvenient it would be for her to mail this? What about just how much the stamp costs?

It would be a real treat for my friend's son to get such a fun postcard in the mail, but I don't want to inconvenience the friend who's making the trek up there.

Thanks!

She would have time to mail the card the stamps you can buy in the gift shop & the post box is right near the shop ..sorry cannot remember the price

There is not a lot at the North Cape we had time for a coffee there as well as looking around outside & stop for obligatory photo :)

She would have time to mail the card the stamps you can buy in the gift shop & the post box is right near the shop ..sorry cannot remember the price

There is not a lot at the North Cape we had time for a coffee there as well as looking around outside & stop for obligatory photo :)

Thanks! That was very helpful. I hope she takes plenty of pictures--it looks like a beautiful cruise!

Hi --

Just note that even though your friends are going on a North Cape cruise, they may not actually go to the North Cape where you can mail the postcard. I'm going next week on Celebrity, and our ship stops in Honningsvag. We will be taking a bus excursion to the actual North Cape. But, if your friends choose a different excursion, or just stay in Honningsvag, they will not be able to mail a postcard that gets stamp of Nordkapp. At least, this is my understanding.

Good luck. Great idea.

Hi --

Just note that even though your friends are going on a North Cape cruise, they may not actually go to the North Cape where you can mail the postcard. I'm going next week on Celebrity, and our ship stops in Honningsvag. We will be taking a bus excursion to the actual North Cape. But, if your friends choose a different excursion, or just stay in Honningsvag, they will not be able to mail a postcard that gets stamp of Nordkapp. At least, this is my understanding.

Good luck. Great idea.

Most ship port in Honninsvaag then it is 1 hr to North cape

We pre booked a taxi & stopped at some sights along the route

just an option for those that do not want to do the ships tour