Magic ship time vs port time ??

We are doing the western to Cozumel Grand caymen and Jamaica in Nov following setting clocks back.Cozumel should stay on central time like ship Caymen is Eastern 1hr ahead so is Jamaica i believe do they change the clocks on the ship ?

Cozumel is Mountain time and will be 1 hr behind Magics ship time. Magic sails Central time. Don't worry they will tell you what time it is when you get there vs ship time.

Right now, Cozumel is on Central Daylight Savings time, same as the Carnival Magic. The ship will stay on CDT the entire cruise.

Edited by oldvato

Don't worry about it and don't touch your watch. Just stay on the same time as when you start. If there are any time changes, Carnival will tell you on the ship and that is the only time to change your watch timing. Again, rely on your watch and don't bother to check any timing ashore because it just confuses the issue.

Then again, if your watch breaks ......................................................................

................................ I don't have the answer to that one. I guess you have to travel in pairs. (just kidding)

brooklyn ..i feel ya we are pacific time going to central ..waking up day of cruise is daylight savings. Right there we lose 3 hours and then caymen and jamaica are eastern lol but it will all be fine ...on riviera we changed clocks 3 times but never matched port time crazy

I've been on 25+ cruises and every ship changed to match local time. If in doubt look at the ship clocks before deboarding at the port.

Carnival does not do this. The ship will stay on the time zone of the embarkation port, at least for the Caribbean cruises. Longer cruises, say to Hawaii, the ship will change times. I'm not sure how it works for European cruises.