Got a great deal so we're jumping ship from Royal to Celebrity

DW & I have been loyal to Royal since we discovered cruising in October 2010. We've completed 7 cruises to date, all with Royal Caribbean, however this time I've struggled to find a RCI cruise that meets our very narrow criteria including price. So I decided to look at other lines and found a GREAT deal.

I don't often talk about how much I've paid for a cruise; I certainly don't compare fares with other passengers while onboard however, I thought I'd share the details here in case others would like to snaffle the same deal. We have booked to sail 12 nights to the South Pacific out of Sydney on Celebrity Century leaving on 10/10/14. The price? $1998 for the two of us in an inside cabin. That's $83.25/person/day! :D We got a discount because all of our RCI cruises have earned us Emerald status in the Crown & Anchor Society so we get the benefits of Select status in Celebrity's Captain's Club.

Can anyone enlighten us as to what will be different from our previous cruises? From what I've read Celebrity does not have quite as many onboard activities and a slightly more elegant or refined atmosphere. I also understand that the Century is an older ship that will soon be leaving the fleet and is starting to show some signs of age.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

DW & I have been loyal to Royal since we discovered cruising in October 2010. We've completed 7 cruises to date, all with Royal Caribbean, however this time I've struggled to find a RCI cruise that meets our very narrow criteria including price. So I decided to look at other lines and found a GREAT deal.

I don't often talk about how much I've paid for a cruise; I certainly don't compare fares with other passengers while onboard however, I thought I'd share the details here in case others would like to snaffle the same deal. We have booked to sail 12 nights to the South Pacific out of Sydney on Celebrity Century leaving on 10/10/14. The price? $1998 for the two of us in an inside cabin. That's $83.25/person/day! :D We got a discount because all of our RCI cruises have earned us Emerald status in the Crown & Anchor Society so we get the benefits of Select status in Celebrity's Captain's Club.

Can anyone enlighten us as to what will be different from our previous cruises? From what I've read Celebrity does not have quite as many onboard activities and a slightly more elegant or refined atmosphere. I also understand that the Century is an older ship that will soon be leaving the fleet and is starting to show some signs of age.

i think its a normal price once you pay $12 per day pp in gratuities which takes you up to $95 per day and convert your money to US

your happy with the price and thats the main thing

Sparky74, suggest you check the AU Celebrity site again, as we received an email yesterday...same cruise, inside $690pp, in aussie dollars.

Edited by bobhsv

Definitely a good price... Celebrity have discounted the inside cabins on this cruise by up to $360pp

However, Inside cabins do not qualify for the new 123Go promotion which provides:

Simply book an Oceanview stateroom or above on Australian and South Pacific Celebrity Century cruises and choose not one, but TWO of these amazing offers^:

1. Free Classic beverage package for two valued at up to $1500

2. Free Gratuities for two

3. Up to US$300 onboard credit

An Oceanview cabin is nearly $2000 more expensive but would qualify for the 123Go deal

cheers

Sparky74, suggest you check the AU Celebrity site again, as we received an email yesterday...same cruise, inside $690pp, in aussie dollars.

Saw that price to some sort of offer $690pp but if I click book now I just get error page just wondering if price is right

Saw that price to some sort of offer $690pp but if I click book now I just get error page just wondering if price is right

No error when I try. For example, 721.28 midship deck 4, 761.28 midship deck 8 etc. This includes the port fees, but not grats. Fabulous deal:)

Just to add, I didn't put our Crown and Anchor number in (cos I couldn't be bothered looking it up!) I am guessing the prices 'may' be a tad lower than those I mentioned.....maybe.

Edited by bobhsv

$690pp is before taxes and gratuities. I forgot to mention that the $1998 (ie $999/person) includes taxes AND prepaid gratuities.

Immediately after I'd booked, my mother-in-law also called to book and was quoted $1329pp including taxes and gratuities. When she told the consultant about the price I had got a few minutes earlier he asked for her Crown & Anchor number, enrolled her in the Captain's Club, and she managed to book at the same price as us. She also booked a cabin for her other daughter and family, 2 adults and 2 teens in the one cabin, for $2654 for all 4 of them, again including taxes and gratuities. That's only $55.30/person/day!

I'm a past celebrity century cruiser and supposedly should be receiving these notifications however I have received nothing in regard to this sale. could you please tell me if it was from celebritydirect or another site?

To tell you the difference between celebrity and RC it depends a lot on which ship too. We prefer celebrity and the century is our favourite ship. It is very different to other ships eg solstice. The century is much more elegant décor, the entertainment is pitched at the older passengers rather than the younger folk. by memory we had a young harpist, a couple of different wonderful singers, a violinist. The passengers were much older, lots of wheelies and scooters around. we would have been in the youngest 10% and I was 56, hubby 60 when we did the cruise, it was around NZ so that might have contributed to the older age bracket, however at that price I think anyone would happily go anywhere on the century. We have a new grandchild due mid October so sadly no go for us.

Saying century is our favourite doesn't mean we aren't happy to cruise with other lines, just aware that it will be different and pitched at a larger age range. We go for itinerary and price, happy to be cruising with any line rather than not cruising but our order of preference would be celebrity, RC , then the others.

$690pp is before taxes and gratuities. I forgot to mention that the $1998 (ie $999/person) includes taxes AND prepaid gratuities.

Immediately after I'd booked, my mother-in-law also called to book and was quoted $1329pp including taxes and gratuities. When she told the consultant about the price I had got a few minutes earlier he asked for her Crown & Anchor number, enrolled her in the Captain's Club, and she managed to book at the same price as us. She also booked a cabin for her other daughter and family, 2 adults and 2 teens in the one cabin, for $2654 for all 4 of them, again including taxes and gratuities. That's only $55.30/person/day!

Aaah, that makes sense. Nice to get a good deal, isn't it:)

For the OP...The email was from Celebrity.