Fake Names?

jp12687

Yes they do use a stage name in many cases

Don't know if it is ship wide or not but some do this I know

Just like a telephone service rep uses when you ask their name. They use stage names all the time. Perfectly acceptable in my book

Edited by Crusin6

I work in HR and deal with employee files on a daily basis. Every two weeks I get a new lot of files to make and yes, some names are so strange and difficult to pronounce and legally have to use it for payroll purpse. They get around it by using a nickname that is used in daily use for those of us who have no idea how to pronounce the name, so when you see a name that has around 30 letters and the first name and last name each have around 15 letters and you have no flippin clue how to pronounce it, "Sam" sounds kinda good...

I had one where I had no idea what the guys name was. I had three different names on at least 10 different documents and only one of the names was common on most documents.....in the end I had to mark everything with the name we have recorded for that employee...

As far as cruising goes, for them I would assume they don't mind or care if their name was altered or changed to make it easier.....Personally, I had a East Indian named Jose as a room steward, and I have never seen an East Indian man with the name "Jose"

Probably from Goa. Wasn't that once a Portuguese colony or am I mistaken?

Yep just checked it out. Goa was a Portuguese Indian colony until 1961

Edited by Crusin6