help... best excursions on adriatic cruise July 12, 2014

beita123

Since I don t have a list of ports you ll see, this is what I do.

Google tourism in ea.port and see what appeals to you.

Check out guidebooks for area on Amazon,etc.and read prior to cruise.

Find out what excursions SB has for ea. port and see if that might appeal,or do on your own,get a private guide,etc.

If going to Dubrovnik, check out that section here on CC .There is a Dubrovnik travel lady who posts freq.

We did that cruise with another line,but absolutely LOVED it.Sure you will too.

Hope that gives you some idea where to start.

We are on that one, too,and are staying on for the next week as well. It seems like a lot of the ports are conducive to DIY and can be "done" in just a few hours. We tend to avoid ship excursions and are renting a car in a few places over the two weeks. Assuming you haven't been to these ports before: In Monemvasia, the main thing is to hike to the top of the cliff and stroll around the old town. They may have Marina Day there which is a lot of fun. In Katokolon, you want to visit Olympia and can go by taxi, bus or train or rent a car or hire a guide in advance for the day. In Parga, there are beaches and a "tourist train." In Dubrovnik, walk the walls [my spouse and I are doing a bike trip in the countryside and our friends are doing Dalmatian Delicacies]. In Hvar, wander around the town [i'm doing sea kayaking with a friend]. In Ravenna, take the ship's shuttle into town and see the mosaics. In Venice, stay forever!