50th Anniversary Celebration

alibubba

Our family did the Dawn last July out of Boston to Bermuda for our 50th. We liked the three days stay in Bermuda. It allowed us lots of time to explore the island. We started out with 17 and were able to get a group rate on 8 cabins. Gave us some extra OBC to spend and only two people in a room. We ended up with 16 people going but one person had to cancel at the last minute because of a new job and no vacation time available. We kept the 8 cabin and sailed with one cabin with only one person. The only disappointment with me was that NCL told our TA that they would do a special Anniversary Dinner for us with a cake but it never happened. When we boarded, I check with Guest Services and Dinning and no one knew anything about any plans for a celebration dinner. With paying for 8 cabins, I would have thought that NCL would have, at least, acknowledged out 50th Anniversary. Outside of that, our family had a great time.

I have never heard of NCL offering a special anniversary dinner....a cake yes, but not a dinner for any anniversary. Your TA would have to purchase that for you and evidently they never followed through. :(

NCL called one evening about 6 month prior to our sailing and asked what flavor cake we would like. I took it from that phone call from NCL that everything was all set up. The TA said we would be set up in a small diningroom to have our celebration. Don't know what happened but I know the celebration did not and neither did the cake.

If it were me going with that many kids, I'd cruise out of NYC or Miami to get the bigger ship. Another thing to consider is price of flights + pre & post cruise hotels, etc. How much difference in price is there between NYC & Miami? Something to consider at least. FWIW, I wouldn't worry about hurricane season in June for either itinerary.

NCL called one evening about 6 month prior to our sailing and asked what flavor cake we would like. I took it from that phone call from NCL that everything was all set up. The TA said we would be set up in a small diningroom to have our celebration. Don't know what happened but I know the celebration did not and neither did the cake.

Did you ask while still onboard?

Did you have a confirmation from ta saying this would happen?

How exactly could they set you up if you didn't inquire as to when it could be scheduled?

The ship can't just assume you will be available 24/7

I confirm and reconfirm everything and get it in writing from the free bottle of wine to the Obc. Everything

If it were me I would have had it scheduled within 24 hours for an evening to my liking

Proactive is the only way to be these days

• 2 weeks later...