Might be crazy q about rescheduling just prior to sailing date

Robbiesox15

Hi all,

I was scheduled to sail on the Gem 5/24 but my son got the flu (had travel ins), so we rescheduled for the Gem sailing 6/14-6/21. Now my husband and I are both VERY sick :( (courtesy of our 2 year old daughter in daycare!) we would hate to have to use the travel insurance AGAIN (which we do have) and then rebook. Is there any possibility that NCL would allow us to just move to the sailing on 6/21-6/28 without having to go through a whole process of cancel/rebook? I know it's a long shot but if anyone has any helpful suggestions I would be so appreciative! Really can't imagine having to do a full cancellation and reschedule. Also getting pricey with the travel in that we have now paid for twice. Thanks!

Can I just be the first to thank you for not cruising with the flu?

Thank you!

I'm guessing that your concern with using the travel insurance again has to do with shelling out cash again for the new dates while waiting for the insurance to pay the claim?

I guess there's always a possibility NCL will accommodate you. Doubtful, but anything's possible. Call 'em up and see.

Can I just be the first to thank you for not cruising with the flu?

Thank you!

I'm guessing that your concern with using the travel insurance again has to do with shelling out cash again for the new dates while waiting for the insurance to pay the claim?

I guess there's always a possibility NCL will accommodate you. Doubtful, but anything's possible. Call 'em up and see.

Lol! Can't imagine enjoying a cruise when so sick. I guess others will travel if they are sick but not us. Yes, the expense of shelling out for the insurance is $$, plus each time we move the cruise it gets to be more $$ as it gets closer to summer. Will call them and beg lol!

Why would you cancel when you have several days to get over the bug.

My husband is SICK, I mean really bad. Deep chest cough. When he gets sick like this he is usually sick for 7-10 days. I don't think he will be better in a few days :(

No, NCL will not allow you to switch dates. You have to go through insurance. You have 5 days until sailing. Wait and see how you feel since you can cancel last minute with your insurance anyway. If not, book the 6/21 sailing later this week. Still,plenty of cabins available and prices have been dropping last week or so anyway.