Dining room menu

I asked a question below about an alternative menu in the dining room. I have phrased the question incorrectly. What I want to know is, on the dining room menu, are there always available items, that you can order on any night? For example, steak, or shrimp? (something to fall back on if you dont care for the featured items)

On NOS, there were the same 5 (I think) choices every night (I know that chicken, steak, were two of the standby offerings, but can't remember the rest), in addition to about 5 available entrees for any particular evening.

This is from the Mariner's second night menu:

Daily Alternatives -

Traditional Caesar Salad

Rigatoni with Marinara Sauce

Broiled Fillet of Atlantic Cod

Grilled Chicken Breast with Rosemary

Grilled Black Angus Top Sirloin with Herb Butter

Baked Potato, Mashed Potato, Rice

Vegetable of the Day

The entrees that day were Pasta, BBQ Baby Back Ribs, Salmon, Spring Chicken and Eggplant.

I don't remember exactly but I think the Daily Alternatives were just that - the same every day.

Crb04,

Thanks for the extended review of your Navigator trip-all the detail was fantastic! Will be taking that same route in September. Am curious..what room # did you have on Deck 8? My husband & I are on that same deck and was just curious as to what type/location of your stateroom. Also, you mentioned having a light breakfast in the Cafe' Promendate on Deck 5. What type of breakfast is offered there? Also, at Labadee, was the BBQ (picnic?) the only food available? Thanks in advance for any help with these questions. :)

after all that food..who wouldn't be starving! hubby and i took the explorer last year and most of our 8 person table ordered that steak w/herb butter every night in addition to the regular entree...our darling waiter just started bringing it by the pair!

also...Love2cruisegirl...labadee is terrific...bbq mostly, chicken, hot dogs, burgers and stuff...but a great "beachy" day to chill out w/a frosty beverage!

Babyjmomma,

Thanks! Mmmm...frosty beverage sounds the best! :) Being from the South, I love BBQ but sometimes it can be fatty :eek: -just wondered about alternatives. Everything sounds super-I'm counting down the days and keeping close contact with a friend who is a meteorologist for the Weather Channel. "Rain rain go away...send all the hurricanes some other way!" :D

Love2cruisegirl,

I can sympathsize about the hurricanes..but we are in florida, so you get used to them! But if you to get in one...like we did last year, rest assured that your staff will take care of it all! The day before we were supposed to come home last year, they closed the port in Miami, so we had to "float" around for an extra day..the captain kept coming on saying that he was gonna find us some sun. Some people got crabby..but they didn't run out of the steak nor pina colada mix, so I was a happy chic...

Babyjmomma,

It'd be fantastic to get an extra day or two due to a hurricane. My little sister was on the Exploreer last year during one and sat out in the Gulf waiting to be able to dock in Miami for 2 extra days. Unfortunately, my experience with hurricanes (we've only cruised during September:confused: -what are we thinking!?!) has been out in the open water-rough waves and a ship that rocked while our dinner slid off our table:o . You just learn to make the best of it-have a couple of drinks and you'll feel a little dizzy anyway;) .

Crb04,

Thanks for the extended review of your Navigator trip-all the detail was fantastic! Will be taking that same route in September. Am curious..what room # did you have on Deck 8? My husband & I are on that same deck and was just curious as to what type/location of your stateroom. Also, you mentioned having a light breakfast in the Cafe' Promendate on Deck 5. What type of breakfast is offered there? Also, at Labadee, was the BBQ (picnic?) the only food available? Thanks in advance for any help with these questions. :)

I think it was 8516--the very first one forward, port side. They say more movement there, but honestly didn't notice except at night, and that was actually rather pleasant. Cafe Promenade breakfast--mostly bread items (bagels, toast, muffins, etc.). After a couple of cups of coffee, we would usually swing by the Windjammer and grab some fruit to take back to the cabin too. The luncheon on Labadee was a BBQ/buffet--only food available that I saw, but lots of different items to choose from (lots of fruit and some healthier choices too). Am sure you will have a great time--we can't wait to try the eastern route next!

for vegitarians & those low fat folks. They have stars next to them on the menu.

Very strange start to our cruises for 12 years: I order all the soaps & appetizers for night #1 dinner. This tells me how great our waiter will be. Some put all 8-10 items in front of me at once. Some give me bowl by bowl, keeping all hot til I eat them. Some actually walk each one to me from the kitchen so it is fresh.

The best waiter so far on any cruiseline was Celebrity's TA on Connie & our waiter was a magaician at home in Romania for kids in hospitals. He would make a baked potato show up from thin air to my DH's plate. He had forks & spoons in my hair tho he used no pins, clips or anything. When I touched them they fell off. Our table mates who were in their 80's had a piece of cake delivered for desert & our waiter flamed the whole thing, yet it was still partially frozen when she ate it.

Archived