Is this typical- balconies/suites sold out

We are booked on Explorer Oct 9, and I have noticed for several months now all balconies and suites are n/a. When I look at the sailing after ours they are still available- I am wondering if I'm missing some big event or something? I googled the sailing name/date and looked for any possible group events or theme type stuff and nothing pops up. Any ideas why those may have sold out so early? (I think I first noticed in March) We currently have a balcony so all is well- but I had thought about upgrading, hence the periodic checks.

We are booked on Explorer Oct 9, and I have noticed for several months now all balconies and suites are n/a. When I look at the sailing after ours they are still available- I am wondering if I'm missing some big event or something? I googled the sailing name/date and looked for any possible group events or theme type stuff and nothing pops up. Any ideas why those may have sold out so early? (I think I first noticed in March) We currently have a balcony so all is well- but I had thought about upgrading, hence the periodic checks.

Although it's possible for them to be sold out, it's highly unlikely. It's more likely that they are being held back to be released at a later date, or some are being held by a consolidator.

Canadian Thanksgiving ? ;)

We are on the September 25 th sailing on the Explorer, and its been showing no availabilty for the suites and balconies for the last couple of months on this sailing as well. I have been keeping an eye on availabilty in case we could talk other family members into coming with us! Perhaps there will be availability after final payment date.

Oooh google shows me this is Oct 13! Fun! Do Canadians typically get a holiday week to travel during it?

No, it's one day off only. It's not as big a deal here as it is down south. However it does encourage Canadians to travel, as they can save the extra vacation day. I have taken advantage of, and will be taking advantage again, of this holiday. The real bonus here is that US prices are usually low for travel. They don't get inflated like they would for a US holiday. Once I flew home on an American airline on Thanksgiving because it was so much cheaper than a Canadian one. American travel companies don't factor in Canadian holidays into their pricing structure :D.