Guests dressing up on board

Any of you had guest that were able to dress up on the ship? I know Carnival always says: only bride and Groom! But any of you had mom or maid of honor? I don't mean all the wedding guest....maybe the wedding party, only.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We plan to have our whole wedding party getting dressed on-board. We have two rooms that will be ready upon boarding, one for bride/girls and one for groom/boys. Luckily, we have 2 suites booked in our group, so those are the two rooms we opted to have available, since they will allow more room for everyone to get ready.

Just getting dressed shouldn't be an issue, but I would definitely make sure everyone, including yourself, have hair & makeup done before boarding, since that can be time consuming. There is no guarantee how long you will have to get ready on-board. You may have 2 hours, you may have 10 minutes... it all depends on when customs clears the ship. If boarding is delayed and you are in a time crunch, people can throw on clothes quick, but you don't want to be rushing with hair & makeup or have you & bridesmaids all fighting over one mirror.

There is no guarantee how long you will have to get ready on-board. You may have 2 hours, you may have 10 minutes... it all depends on when customs clears the ship. If boarding is delayed and you are in a time crunch, people can throw on clothes quick, but you don't want to be rushing with hair & makeup or have you & bridesmaids all fighting over one mirror.

You should take this advice to heart. There is no guarantee you'll have time for anything other than slipping into your gown. My wedding wasn't on embarkation day, but I was a guest at a sailing day wedding. There was a problem with clearing immigration, and our boarding was delayed by more than two hours. Once we finally got on board, the bride and groom had about 20 minutes to get their cabin, change and get to the ceremony venue. As it was they pushed the start time of the ceremony back by 15 minutes or they would have had even less time. There was one groomsman who didn't come already dressed. Even though there was a cabin ready for him, it was really far from the ceremony site, so he changed in a nearby public bathroom!

Hopefully, you'll have lots of time. But be prepared, just in case.

Our wedding was on NCL, but it sounds similar. We were able to have 2 rooms ready for changing in. DH and the best man changed in one, and the MOH and I changed in the other. We had hair and makeup done beforehand, just had to put dresses on and check to make sure everything else was still in place. It may have been tricky with a large wedding party, but for just the 4 of us (oops, 5! I forgot we had our flower girl get dressed on board with us too) it worked just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk