Interior Stateroom Guarantee (IS) - 1A bunks possible/likely

FSRoberts

I'm looking at the Sept 27th Splendor departure from New York for a honeymoon cruise. Trying to keep it as cheap as possible. I don't care where my room is (at least enough to pay extra), but, given the nature of the cruise, I don't want bunkbeds.

I seem to see the options of: 4A for $469, 1A for $419, and IS (Interior Stateroom Guarantee) for $439.

In searching, I seem to see conflicting information as to rather the IS can result in a 1A cabin. Given that a guarantee is actually more expensive than 1A, it seems unlikely, as most people would be pissed that they got something that could have been cheaper while choosing their own room. Yet, others insist it is possible. So, is it? If so, how likely? If at all possible, I'd love to save that $60, plus have a (slim) chance at a better located cabin.

I'm looking at the Sept 27th Splendor departure from New York for a honeymoon cruise. Trying to keep it as cheap as possible. I don't care where my room is (at least enough to pay extra), but, given the nature of the cruise, I don't want bunkbeds.

I seem to see the options of: 4A for $469, 1A for $419, and IS (Interior Stateroom Guarantee) for $439.

In searching, I seem to see conflicting information as to rather the IS can result in a 1A cabin. Given that a guarantee is actually more expensive than 1A, it seems unlikely, as most people would be pissed that they got something that could have been cheaper while choosing their own room. Yet, others insist it is possible. So, is it? If so, how likely? If at all possible, I'd love to save that $60, plus have a (slim) chance at a better located cabin.

Its a gamble. Do you want to gamble 50 bucks (by my calculation, its really 30 between 4A and and IS here. This is your honeymoon. Do you really want to penny pinch on the likelihood of getting a room that could conceivably ruin your honeymoon? And again, this is your honeymoon, you should splurge a little and make it totally memorable. Personally, I never find the guarantee worth it. I've only traveled in inside cabins, but generally, I get the best inside cabin and the price point difference between 4A and 4F is marginal. Also, sometimes, the "best" may not be the best. I also look above me to see what's there. If you're below the basketball court, or the pool deck, wave off on that, you're going to get some noise above you. Ideally, you should have a passenger deck above and below.

Good luck with your honeymoon. Mine's booked already...

Its a gamble. Do you want to gamble 50 bucks (by my calculation, its really 30 between 4A and and IS here. This is your honeymoon. Do you really want to penny pinch on the likelihood of getting a room that could conceivably ruin your honeymoon? And again, this is your honeymoon, you should splurge a little and make it totally memorable. Personally, I never find the guarantee worth it. I've only traveled in inside cabins, but generally, I get the best inside cabin and the price point difference between 4A and 4F is marginal. Also, sometimes, the "best" may not be the best. I also look above me to see what's there. If you're below the basketball court, or the pool deck, wave off on that, you're going to get some noise above you. Ideally, you should have a passenger deck above and below.

Good luck with your honeymoon. Mine's booked already...

It's $30 times 2 people, hence $60.

That's what I'm trying to find out, is it a gamble at all? If the lowest I got was 4A, that's fine. $60 is a nice night of drinking. If if a gamble, though, well, that's a different.

If you do decide to book the guarantee, be sure it shows in your booking that you are on your honeymoon. I have ended up with a king sized bed in a 1A cabin before (on Sunshine). So anything is possible. I've seen your question asked before and you are correct that no one seems to know the answer. I can see how you'd rather spend that 60 bucks on something else. You might try asking on the phone (because the website can't show) how many 1A cabins are left for your sail date. It isn't uncommon for the 1A cabins to sell out because they are the cheapest.

Let us know how it works out for you. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Did you know they have a wedding registry (or honeymoon!) You can tell your guests to go there and they can buy gift cards ($) for your on board account. That way you will have spending money and can book a cabin that you are sure will have the twins that convert to king. Here is that link: http://www.carnival.honeymoonwishes.com/

I don't think any of us can know how likely it is that you would get a 1A. However, it is definitely possible. It used to be an unwritten rule that they didn't assign the 1As to guarantee bookings, as recently as a few years ago. But that has changed. Carnival's booking engine even states that you could be assigned upper/lower accommodations. Many of the upper/lowers on Splendor actually have a sofa bed instead of the upper, but that still doesn't work for couples, since the 2 beds cannot be pushed together.

I wouldn't risk it. I would just spend the extra to book what I want. The extra money will be a very small part of your overall cost of the trip. If I were you, I would book a room on deck 2 below the midship dining room, since the dining room is carpeted and quiet and totally empty all night long. 2345 is showing available online, and that's in an excellent spot. The website doesn't necessarily show all available rooms. I really like deck 2, and any higher brings on a higher cost, and you're not getting anything extra.