My flight was changed. Can I make it?

Last Saturday we couldn't get off the Glory until 10:20. Self assists didn't get off until 9:15 because 4 foreigners failed to go to customs and the ship couldn't be cleared. I am sure a lot of people missed their flights due to these 4 people whose names they called every 15 minutes until they showed up.

We've been on cruises where this has happened but we got off the Glory at 7:58am last Saturday (platinum self-assist.)

• 1 month later...
You should be FINE! That is only 10 minutes sooner than what Carnival recommends.

We are getting of the Breeze in Miami, and have a 10:50 flight booked out of FLL.

After waiting 10 hours last year, I decided to book an earlier flight

Honestly, you should be good!:D:D

Just curious how your 10:50 flight was? We are booked on an 11:05 flight out of FLL for our upcoming cruise. We waited this past January for 6+ hours... no thanks!

We did self debarkation in March and made it to the airport in plenty of time for our 10:45 flight. We are early risers, so were off at 7:30 and had no lines to get off the ship and only a handful of people in front of us at Customs.

Just curious how your 10:50 flight was? We are booked on an 11:05 flight out of FLL for our upcoming cruise. We waited this past January for 6+ hours... no thanks!

We were off the Breeze and in the SAS van by 8:30. At FLL by 9:10.

The worst part was the line to go through security at FLL. It was looooooong, and slow. But, we still made it to the gate with plenty of time to spare. You really should be fine.

We also did self assist getting off. Good Luck and enjoy your cruise!!!:D:D

Hey fellow Jayhawker, we have cruised out of both FLL and MIA. We have always had a fairly early flight back to MCI and have always made it. Now I know there may be a time when we will have trouble, but I think it will effect lots of people's flights not just ours. I would much rather be on that flight back to Kansas City rather than sitting in an airport until late afternoon. I will always book that earlier flight.

Just so you know, you can call the airline to get new flights if they make a schedule change. I've done it about 3 times now with American.

Most airlines will make a change (or refund your money) if the change they made is more than 90 minutes from the original booking. Other than that you might be stuck with the flight.

That being said I would be OK with the new flight time from FLL. Even people with later flights could miss if the ship is delayed for very long. Then you just work with the airlines for a new flight. :)

You will have no issue at all.

Likely, you will actually be able to get of the ship (if you wanted) much before 8am.

And, FLL is only 10 minutes by taxi (which are plentiful at the port).

And. FLL is a smaller airport and so you can be through checkin, security and at the gate easily in an hour.

This is all to say that you could get off the ship as late as at 10am and still be quite fine.

Most airlines will make a change (or refund your money) if the change they made is more than 90 minutes from the original booking. Other than that you might be stuck with the flight.

That being said I would be OK with the new flight time from FLL. Even people with later flights could miss if the ship is delayed for very long. Then you just work with the airlines for a new flight. :)

I've had no issue with even 10 minutes difference. Last time, my flight home didn't even change and I was able to get a new one at no cost. Our original flight left miami at 9 am the day after the cruise. Now, we're leaving at 11 Am. I get to sleep in a little :)