Private transfer NCE to Port Hercule

cruisinlivin

I have seen all the Heli talk..... I am looking for information about a private land transfer and your experience.

Who have you used that you were happy with?

Where is the drop off at the port in relationship to the luggage porters, outside a gate with a walk.... or right up to the porters?

Any details is much appreciated.

Hi Cruisinlivin,

I recommend Andre TAXI, who are the main Taxi company in St Jean-cap-Ferrat.

We were rescued by them last weekend when our transfer to Nice booked through Dream Tours ( highly regarded on Cruisecritic and TripAdvisor) never showed and we almost missed our flight. This was not the worst though. The subsequent car sent by them was from an unlicensed driver of a hire car with no insurance for passengers! We demanded they take us back to our hotel because driver got lost on way to airport! Be careful!

My full review is on Trip Advisor under Dream Tours, and on the Silversea forum.

Andre our driver owns his company and is recommended by our Hotel Royal Riviera in Cap Ferrat.

To give you an idea of cost for us from Cap Ferrat to Nice Airport was €70 in a luxury Mercedes.

andretaxicapferrat@gmail.com

Andre Taxi +33 (0) 6 84 78 16 84

+ 33 (0) 6 99 37 60 60

hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Cruisinlivin,

I recommend Andre TAXI, who are the main Taxi company in St Jean-cap-Ferrat.

We were rescued by them last weekend when our transfer to Nice booked through Dream Tours ( highly regarded on Cruisecritic and TripAdvisor) never showed and we almost missed our flight. This was not the worst though. The subsequent car sent by them was from an unlicensed driver of a hire car with no insurance for passengers! We demanded they take us back to our hotel because driver got lost on way to airport! Be careful!

My full review is on Trip Advisor under Dream Tours, and on the Silversea forum.

Andre our driver owns his company and is recommended by our Hotel Royal Riviera in Cap Ferrat.

To give you an idea of cost for us from Cap Ferrat to Nice Airport was €70 in a luxury Mercedes.

andretaxicapferrat@gmail.com

Andre Taxi +33 (0) 6 84 78 16 84

+ 33 (0) 6 99 37 60 60

hope this helps.

Thank you for your recommendation.

I sent them an email, with no response so far. Just sent another one in hopes they respond.

I don't have any personal experience with Port Hercules, Monte Carlo. Could you please tell me about the port, drop off and luggage handling. If a taxi takes someone to the gate.... how far is the luggage porters from there?

We have used http://www.friend-in-france.com twice. They picked us up from Nice airport and took us to the door of our apartment rental. When it was time to embark in Monte Carlo they picked us up on time and dropped us right in the port in Monte Carlo. The porters were right there to take our cases onto the ship.

If you go on their website you can get a price after entering your flight details and timings.

We have used www.friend-in-france.com twice. They picked us up from Nice airport and took us to the door of our apartment rental. When it was time to embark in Monte Carlo they picked us up on time and dropped us right in the port in Monte Carlo. The porters were right there to take our cases onto the ship.

If you go on their website you can get a price after entering your flight details and timings.

Thank you. I will look into their site. This information is helpful.

We have used www.friend-in-france.com twice. They picked us up from Nice airport and took us to the door of our apartment rental. When it was time to embark in Monte Carlo they picked us up on time and dropped us right in the port in Monte Carlo. The porters were right there to take our cases onto the ship.

I don't have any personal experience with Port Hercules, Monte Carlo. Could you please tell me about the port, drop off and luggage handling. If a taxi takes someone to the gate.... how far is the luggage porters from there?

We have started and ended cruises here on numerous occasions. Once your taxi enters the port the porters should be right there to handle your luggage( at least they are for Seabourn but can't think why it would be different for other lines). Pre all cruises of ours that have started there we stayed in St Paul de Vence and our hotel arranged for car and driver to Monaco. The return has been trickier. Once we used Seabourn's transfer to the Nice Airport.. Last fall we arranged for a car from a company called Guidoon. Do not use them! They never showed up and we were almost stranded. There are very few taxis in Monaco. Not only did they fail to show up for us they also left another couple in the lurch. They did eventually refund our money but that was no help at the moment we were left high and dry. This fall we have another cruise ending in Monaco and I may just bite the bullet and book the helicopter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Our transfer driver took us right into the port. Immediately the porters arrived and took our luggage out of the car and away to where it needed to go to await loading onto the ship. The drivers are used to cruise ship passengers needing to go directly into the port. You won't have a problem.