Booking advice for a UK customer

franandsteve

I have used Caxton FX Euro card in Spain for some years now and I am very impressed with it. They also do a dollar card which has no fees for ATM or purchases. When you set it up they charge £10 but refund it when you make your first load, which is at the exchange rate they offer that day which is pretty good for euros so I assume the dollar is also good. I load it on line or use the app on my phone or I can do it by text. Never had any problems with them

This is the link

http://www.caxtonfx.com/currency-cards/currency-cards-for-you/

I don't have any connection with them nor am I saying Fair FX aren't good (I use them for bank transfer for household bills in Spain) just thought it was an alternative which I have found good

Hi Sue

Agree on the exchange rate.

Never had a price drop honoured in our 20 cruises with Celebrity unless it was booked by the US TA. Our UK TA's never 'managed' to get us anything, even had to cancel on three occasions and lose our deposit and then rebooked to get the better rate/offer

Have to say have never booked direct with Celebrity so that may be different. Must just be unlucky with our UK agents!!

See you in November

Regards

Lyn

Lyn,

I was amazed to read that comment. I'm a big fan of booking early with Celebrity, simply because we've not had a problem with price drops. In contrast, I do whatever I can to avoid booking early with Cunard, simply because I don't want to get goosed when prices drop.

Our last voyage on X was March 2013 and we got not one, but two, rather big drops. The first was a freebie, the second incurred an admin charge of about £35 IIRC.

For November 2012, the booking price was very attractive because it had been a TA block booking of multiple cabins. Nevertheless, I got a chunky drop for the price of a phone call. Celebrity wanted an e-mail to confirm that the discount was going to me and not getting trousered by the TA.

I can't speak highly enough of my TA. In both the above cases their original booking prices were already significantly lower than the on-line price from X and the discount ended up coming through at a little more than I'd calculated. Quite a big firm and just around the corner from me, but unfortunately forum rules prevent me from blabbing who it is.

Didn't know about the app, but have a look.

Have made contact with your TA and working out some options.

Just a shame on the time difference..

Yeah the time difference isn't ideal but hopefully you will get a good deal!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can't speak highly enough of my TA. In both the above cases their original booking prices were already significantly lower than the on-line price from X and the discount ended up coming through at a little more than I'd calculated. Quite a big firm and just around the corner from me, but unfortunately forum rules prevent me from blabbing who it is.[/Quote]

Do you live in Blackpool / Ilkleston (sp?)

Hi Sue

We will meet up with you for a drink in November on the Transatlantic and trade our nightmare stories with you (and no we haven't got a drinks package - LOL) Hopefully we will get a good UK TA recommendation at last!!!!!!!

We are staying on for the B-2-B with the Caribbean now, can't wait - this also marks my retirement, so your TA could be in for lots of commission!!!!!!

Regards

Lyn