Island princess Alaska

hsmcruise

What do you mean you will miss the hot tubs? Are they not working on this ship? Do they not heat them?
Yehootu stated AFT hot tubs. On many of the Grand class ships there are two hot tubs all the way aft on the Sports deck (16/17) with a good view looking back from the ship. There are no aft hot tubs on the Coral/Island but there are hot tubs by the Lido and Lotus pools.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I missed the AFT part. I do agree then. It sounds like for the AFT view you have to pay for the sanctuary. This is only available to adults correct? Has anyone done this in the past? Wondering about the value. On Carnival they have Serenity which is for 21 and older but free.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I asked the attendant what the temperature in the hot tub was and he said 93

Degrees Fahrenheit. The other one tested at 120 degrees! These were in the solarium area. Then 120 one was squalding hot.

The crab shack was offered in the buffet in a enclosed area almost every night.

I did not try it.

I can recommend sabatini for lunch. T hey offered delicious. Personal ,pie

Pizzas, no charge. Pizza was also offered near the pool onl lido, but it wasn't

As good ( it was still good)

There are lounges available in the aft part of the ship on 10 and 11.

The sanctuary is on 14 and 15, one of the entrances was through the gym.

We really didn't have the weather to utilize it. We thought the sanctuary was

Great on our Panama Canal cruise. They were asking $60 for the day on glacier

Bay cruising. It included an alcoholic drink and a few other things.

This is the aft deck (10)on the Coral which should be the same as the Island. We had an OV cabin so we spent a lot of time there. It was almost never crowded except on Glacier Bay day when we were stopped for the glacier. Deck 10 has a little better covering than deck 11. Deck 8 also has a deck but it is narrow and has no chairs.

10360614_10201320868538718_3907427194009060597_n.jpg

Thanks for the picture of the aft deck. We have a guarantee cabin so I have no idea where we will be assigned. I keep watching the available cabins--mostly all obstructed ocean view on Emerald deck. If we are assigned one of those, I suspect we'll spend most of our time on the Outside Promenade for viewing. There aren't any insides available (as of now, but it seems to fluctuate all the time) and only 1 balcony. I would have preferred to book a balcony, but when I booked that 1 wasn't even available. The decision was then between inside and ocean view, and to me, they are the same so I went with the cheaper option. It was a great deal and the only week I could really go this summer along with decent airfares.

I'm just trying to pass the time for the next 5 weeks, getting super excited! I have another cruise booked that was 468 days away when I reserved. I then booked this cruise with only 45 days to go and I feel like the wait is forever! LOL.

Self-disembarkation is normally available in Vancouver at Canada Place. Baring anything unusual a person availing themselves of this option should be ashore and thru Canadian customs before 0800 and whether going out to YVR by taxi or Canada line should be out there before 0900. People returning to the US on flights from YVR will enjoy the fact that passport scanning kiosks have been in operation for a little more than a year. Each family member's passport is scanned but one person may answer about 6 questions for up to 4 family members, a ticket is printed and then handed to the US CBP agent and away you go. This has greatly reduced the lineups at US customs.:)

This is the aft deck (10)on the Coral which should be the same as the Island. We had an OV cabin so we spent a lot of time there. It was almost never crowded except on Glacier Bay day when we were stopped for the glacier. Deck 10 has a little better covering than deck 11. Deck 8 also has a deck but it is narrow and has no chairs.

10360614_10201320868538718_3907427194009060597_n.jpg

Fallen asleep out there many times! :)

We'll be boarding in less than 6 weeks! Woo Hoo! I agree, it's been difficult to read much about the Island. Although I have been reading a lot on the Coral.

I do see on the deck plans a Patisserie. Is there not an International Cafe onboard? Or are these pretty much the same?

On the aft decks, I notice 3 decks for the Sanctuary. 2 decks with lounge chairs and then a Sanctuary Pool. Do you have to pay for the Sanctuary to access the pool? Or is the charge only for use of the loungers? I know on my last 2 Alaska cruises (Sapphire and Diamond), there was not anyone using the Sanctuary. It seems like a waste on those itineraries to keep it as a pay venue, imho.

Were there any "must do" activities onboard? Our first princess cruise they had the "New Year's Eve" party and balloon drop. I really enjoyed it. On the last one they did not have this activity. I'm not sure if it is still offered onboard?

our first cruise! July 9 to Vancouver. Can't wait.