shore excursion in grand bahama island

If you are offered the opportunity to do the ship's excursion which includes kayaking & a visit to Lucaya Natl Park, it is a good value as far as ship's excursions go. I have always booked our excursions separately, but in Grand Bahama, there are not a lot of options. The port is in an industrial area & you will have to pay for transportation anywhere. I am not a shopper & the public beaches near Port Lucaya are overcrowded & crawling with vendors. Gold Rock Beach at Lucaya Natl Park is one of the most beautiful I've ever visited, but Lucuya Park is quite a ways from the port & you won't be able to get transportation there at a reasonable price. The kayaking is easy, transport to the beach is included, and there is also a bit of an ecotour where you visit some caves in the park. In my opinion, it is the best option for Grand Bahama Island. Having said that, snorkeling is an option as well, but depending where you are going, there are possibly better snorkeling opportunities at other port calls. Good luck with your decision. We have visited Grand Bahama Island 3 times, once on land based vacation & twice as a cruise port.

Archived